...Help?

thelimabean

I'm a senior in high school, and I'm having a problem currently. I can't seem to 'hook' a guy!

I've been told how beautiful I am by family, friends of my family, friends, etc. I'm smart, I've been trying to be friendly, i'm a good conversationalist, and I'm pretty confident in myself. But for some reason guys at my school don't even pay me a second glance, and i've never been flirted with once by any of the guys at my school in a year. I tried to do the, 'don't look for a guy and he'll find you' but i've been doing that for a year and nothing's happened...

I've concluded that a thousand guys can't all be flukes and that there must be something wrong with me, so if anyone can offer any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

MaskedBeauty

Naw there's nothing wrong with you. If there is a particular guy that you're interested in maybe you can just start talking to him more and warm up to asking him to hang out. Be bold. Take a chance. The worst they can do is say no ya know? And if they say no, no big deal.. just look at it as they wouldn't of been right for you anyway and move on! :) hope this helps. Keep us updated!

gildedangel

Well it's because you are still in high school. Boys that age are far too immature; they are intimidated by smart, beautiful girls and don't talk to them, that happened with me. Wait until college or the working world; you will be beating them off with a stick I'm sure!
smiles.gif

jjjenko

^^ agree with statement above. Just wait until you get to college...they will be all over you
smiles.gif
Boys in high school are really immature.

xxManBeaterxx

..There are still a ton of immature guys in college and beyond... I know a couple of doctors (co-workers) who act like arrogant douche bags

Maybe the guys who do end up liking you are too shy to do anything about it. Sometimes if a guy isnt sure you like them, they won't bother asking you out, because they think you'll reject them right off the bat. I agree with MaskedBeauty.. Do you have your eyes set on anyone in particular? It might be easier to concentrate on a single person

banana1234

there is absolutely 100% nothing wrong with you
i think maybe, guys mature a lot later than girls, and i can say right now, although you are a senior, and feel like a senior and act like a senior, they're still about 3 years behind!
when i was your age, i used to date guys older than me
while this worked out well cos they were more mature, i did find that cos they were older, they bossed me about.
i think what you are doing now is great, if u act desperate to hook any old guy, all the good ones will stay well clear, and you'll only attract the losers that are after a girl that is desperate.
take your time, if there's some one in particular you really like, be bold, say something, otherwise wait for mr right, cos there's no point wasting your time with any old guy, cos while your with him mr right wont even look at you cos you aren't available, you might miss the perfect guy, cos your hanging about with any old guy

hope this helps you feel better

ps maybe all the men are intimidated by you because you are a nice, good looking girl, you might say no, but some of them will be too scared to say anything to you if they like you.

kaliraksha

I bet you are super intimidating to most guys. They probably think you are out of their league. It sounds like you have your stuff together and maybe they don't want to work that hard to be with someone who doesn't need them. I know in my HS the girls that dated the most often were the girls that had dated before... not because they were coveted, but because guys knew she was dating or she would date someone like "so and so".

Unfortunately, a lot of young guys make lots of mistakes until they realize they want a real person who they are actually interested in.

The only suggestion I can give you is to try to make friends with guys... that's opened a lot of doors for me in the guy world. They are also valuable insight to how guys think.

Also, if that is you in your avatar... you are gorgeous!

Pink_minx

Im sure there are guys at your school that like you...they are probably just really shy or dont want to show that they like you because they are afraid that you might reject them. I would suggest opening up to them or the one that you like maybe it will make them feel at ease and get to know who you really are and they might end up feeling comfortable in asking you out.