Help!

baby_yousei

Hey guys, so if you had a hard to find MAC item, and you're getting a bazillion swap requests everyday for it, and there's nothing that you really want in return...what do you do...ebay it and send everyone the link? (is this even allowed on MUA? and the item is used but I can't find the ebay policy that says used makeup isn't allowed) or pick whoever's willing to swap the best item for it? I don't know what to do!

MACreation

You have to put on the description, wishlist only, or whatever you will take for it, no if and or buts.....eventuallyy.....someone will find it and get a hold of you
smiles.gif

I still have the Temperley palette, but one day i'll find the person....just stinks waiting

baby_yousei

ok so I found the policy that says "no used cosmetics are allowed on ebay" =P and the wishlist thing might be a good idea..hehe

user3

I know for sure if you put it on Ebay and send everyone a link someone on MUA will report you to either MUA or Ebay.
MUA does not allow selling and Ebay does not allow the sell of used cosmetics even though plenty of people do it.
You can sell it in our Swap/Sell forum. You have enough post to view that forum you just need to be a member here for five days. I am sure if you put it up for a reasonable offer someone where would love to have it.
Please keep in mind that Specktra does not allow links to Ebay or MUA for swapping/selling but you can list it in our swap/sell forum. This will save you from having to pay anything to Ebay and it can give you the option to get the price you want for e/s. You will can post there around the 13th.

Here are the rules for that forum. I copied them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Repeat volations will result in 30 day removal of access to the CB forums.

IF YOU CAN NOT FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES YOUR ACCESS TO THE CLEARANCE BIN WILL BE REMOVED.

* Users with under 20 posts and who have been registered for less than 5 days will not have access to view or use the clearance bin.
* Each user is allowed one for sale ad and one want ad
* No linking to sales lists offsite [this includes eBay & MUA links]. Lists must be posted on Specktra. [It is okay to reference feedback from other websites]
* Specktra Staff do not get involved in transactions between users. This is at your own risk swapping/selling/purchasing.
* Duplicate threads will be deleted, and you will be warned. We do keep track of warnings and your access will be removed with the third warning for 30 days.
* If you sell your item, or would like to make a new thread, please PM a Veteran Moderator or an Administrator with your removal or edit request. Please remember to include a link to your thread with the request.
* Since the admins DO NOT get involved in swapping/selling disputes PLEASE get to know your swapper/buyer BEFORE you finalize a transaction with them. Ask for feedback, check them out.

If you do experience a swap/sell that goes bad, or if you would just like to be kept up to date with problem sellers/swappers please visit:

Swaptawk

Swaptawk is a wonderful resource for advice and mediation between parties.

You need to have an ezboard account to access SwapTawk
PM me if you would like an invite and more details.