Helpp!!! Going to the tanning bed

xcoco

Hi,

I know tanning beds are bad for the skin but I really want to get a tan fast! I am naturally an NW20 but my body is very pale and white. I want to achieve a tan like this color:

y177377985473539.jpg

I am currently using self tanners but they don't tan very fast and I was wondering if it's a good idea going to the tanning bed until I get the color I want and then stop going to the tanning bed and maintain the color with self tanners?

Please help me! I also never went to tanning beds and I was wondering how many times I should go a week for how long to get a tan like this? I really want to tan because I look much much MUCHHH better tanned
ssad.gif

Thanks!

BEA2LS

do you tan at all in the sun?? i'm asking because I am very fair and I used to go tanning.. and i got nothing. not burned, not tanned.. the girls who worked there could not believe it. same thing in the sun, too..
also if you burn easily i have seen people get real bad sunburn in the beds.

xcoco

The top part yes but I can't never tan my legs. I used to always wear jeans and last summer I wore lots of shorts and skirts but I didn't tan at all
ssad.gif
my legs are soooo white compared to my face and the rest of my body :S

MACATTAK

I'm also an NW20. I can get as dark as that picture if I tan. For tanning beds, you will need to start off with only a few minutes until you establish a base. You need to check with the specific tanning salon that you are going to. They will be able to assess your color, and depending on what type of bed you are using, they will recommend how many minutes you should go. If you get a little red after the first time, give it a day or so until the redness disappears before returning. Otherwise, you are going to get more and more burned each time. Then you will peel.

You will gradually increase your minutes until you get a good base color. I used to go 3x a week to keep up with my color. Tanning beds will definitely tan your legs nicely. Also, it's important to use a good tanning lotion. I liked the ones with bronzers in them. You don't need to pay the high prices at the salons, you can find a good one on Ebay.

From your post, I can see that you know there are risks related to tanning beds. I've tanned for the last 3 summers, and I'm pretty much done with it. I have a lot more freckles on my body than I used to, and I don't want to get anything else from it. I made sure I never tanned my face either. I would just fake that with bronzer. I don't know if you can keep up with the color with bronzing lotions, but I know once you stop tanning the color fades fast.

Simply Elegant

I'd really, really think about it before you go. It seems it's something a lot of older women regret doing. Fake bake tans don't last too long but the harmful effects last forever.

I'd go for a gradual tanning moisturizer and buy some darker lotion to mix in until you get to the colour you want and a good bronzer for your face.

xcoco

I am currently using Jergens Natural Glow Express Moisturizer and I find that it tan but not that much, especially my legs, it streaks alot.

I also bought a body bronzing foundation today and I was wondering if there is any product that add color to your body when you apply it but tan your skin at the same time too?

Because I don't think it's a really good a idea to put makeup on your whole body everyday and then it just wash out in the shower... LOL

fingie

Have you every tried L'Oreal Sublime Bronze? I usually get a lot of color from it and could probably get to the color you're looking for in 2-3 applications.

Latest posts