Here one day... gone the next.

VogueInfection

Every time I color my hair, it only takes about 2 weeks then the color is completely out of my hair. I'm going to have brown foiled into it today.. but I don't want it to come out again.

What can I do?

xbeatofangelx

You may want to consider changing your shampoo and conditioner to ones specifically for color-treated hair. The shampoo is what opens up your hair follicles to release the dye. It might help! =] I always have this problem too =[.

Dreamergirl3

Tresemme Color Lock in spray. it really works. don't bother with their color shampoo and conditioner, those are crap IMO. Anyway, the lock in spray ( I think it's available in a creme as well) works by preventing hair color loss due to shampooing.

Bernadette

You need to use shampoo and conditioner for colored hair. I recommend Enjoy products. You might also want to purchase a color depositing shampoo. Artec makes good ones in tons of colors.
Also, don't wash your hair every day. I wash mine twice a week and one of the times I only use conditioner and no shampoo. You might be able to get away with a little mroe but since I have a ronald mcdonald red in my hair, it wants to run right down the drain anytime my hair gets wet.
If you need some tips on dealing with not washing, there is a thread on here called "Not washing your hair" or something along those lines.
thmbup.gif

VogueInfection

Thanks guys

I just got back from getting my hair done.. It took 3 hours. ;o
I wish I could show a picture because it looks really great, but my camera is at home.

So now that I know that shampoo has a whole lot to do with it, I should stop buying the cheap $1 V05 shampoo. =]

ruby_soho

You need to buy a good, salon quality shampoo and conditioner. You can't use drugstore brands if you want to maintain your colour. Go to the salon where you got it done and ask what they would recommend out of the products they carry. I'm currently using HealthySexyHair's Soy Milk shampoo and conditioner; it's colour safe and SLS free. Also, wash your hair in cool water, never ever hot. Of course don't wash it every day - I try to only wash it 2-3 times a week. HTH!

Latest posts