here's a silly question....

jessiekins1

how long are collections made available? my student loan dosn't come in until september so i have limited funds until then. will i still be able to buy everything i want from the summer collections and not just the basics i've paired down to?

CrimsonCountess

I was under the impression collections (or remaining collection pieces) are available until they sell out.

I do about 1/2 my MAC shopping in store and 1/2 online. I have seen items from "older" collections still available online after the release.

I have also gone in store and asked about older collections and on very few ocassions I have been able to get an item from a collection that was release earlier that year.

Oonie

And you can always call around to MAC stores in other cities. Last spring I called a MAC store, can't remember where (heard about on beloved Specktra) and was able to get 3 Parrot e/s.

BlahWah

FYI, if they don't sell, they eventually do send them back, but I don't think there's any protocol, because the counter nearest me sent back most of their Sweetie Cake stuff (April) except the quad, and another counter just sent back their last Free to Be quads (from Naturally Eccentric, August 2005) last week (about time, really!). Just saying there's always a chance you'd still find what you're looking for... ;D

jessiekins1

oooooooooh, thanks. that's very reassuring.
smiles.gif

maxcat

The limited stuff sells out on line super fast which has always confounded me - and even store to store in my region some stuff will go fast at one counter and barely move at another.

jessiekins1

hhmmm, downtown there's a pro store and a counter within walking distance. i suppose if something i want isn't at the pro store i could always get them to call over to the counter and see if they have it.
greengrin.gif
thanks everyone.