Here's How I Significantly Reduced My Dark Circles Step-by-Step

Glowingsunshine55

Here's my simple step-by-step skincare routine that I use to brighten my dark circles.

Note: This is not an overnight miracle! This is, however, how I was able to drastically reduce the visibility of my dark circles over the period of a few short months in a noninvasive way!

MORNING ROUTINE:

(1) SUNSCREEN SPF 30 - I use this every morning rain or shine whenever I'm planning on spending a considerable amount of time outdoors in direct sunlight.

EVENING ROUTINE:

(1) Cleanse - I use a gentle nonabrasive cleanser.

(2) Serum - I use a retinol serum immediately after pat drying my face. I slowly over time built up tolerance to retinol and now I'm able to use it every single night!

(3) Moisturize - Retinol can be drying so to counteract the dryness I apply moisturizer on top. Of course, I first allow the retinol to absorb into my skin before I moisturize.

Now, you're probably thinking -> Wait, that's it?? Yes, that's it. Here's why:

I've extensively researched the topic and apparently once you've cut through all the fluff and noise, your skincare routine according to multiple sources only needs 3 at most 4 steps in it:

Cleanse, Moisturize, Sunscreen, and the "Treatment" step that varies from one individual to another. That's it. That's all you need.

In case, it's not clear, I really would like to brighten my dark circles using noninvasive natural methods.

I'm not saying I'm not open to the idea of lasers or whatever, but I'm really working on brightening up my dark circles as much as possible through natural means.

Using this exact process I was able to take my dark circles from dracula black to tired soccer mom over the period of a few months. My dark circles were really bad when I started!

Here's where I could use some help:

I'm still experimenting with the "treatment" aspect of skincare and am open to other's ideas and/or suggestions. Just be kind please - all love.

I did try using a toner at one point and found it was completely unnecessary for my skin. Removed it out of my routine and actually found that my skin's appearance had improved drastically as a result! I know - I was shocked too! I don't think I'll ever go back to using a toner again.

I also tried using Salicyclic Acid from PC and it had this wonderful consistency but really it didn't do much for me. And that was with consistent daily use for right around 6 weeks. Dropped that out of my routine as well.

Next up on my list is Glycolic Acid which I tried for a few days and I really liked but took a break from while my skin built up tolerance to retinol. I'm not sure if GA will make a difference or not but I am planning on giving it a go in the near future.

Oh, and physical exfoliation is something I've tried and am not a fan of personally. It's just too irritating in my personal opinion. Like I said, I'll give GA a go and see what happens. I'll try to update this post after getting some results.

P.s> I will try to reply to every single idea or suggestion you guys have for me for the next week. Thanks everyone - much love!

Last edited:

Latest posts