Here's your chance to be a part of the black|Up Cosmetics Panel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinablaq

Hello everyone!

I'm Helena, from Brooklyn NY. I'm an NC50 in Mac with oily/combo skin. I began wearing makeup almost 5 years ago in preparation for my wedding day. Found an insane passion for it and began freelancing that same year. Just a few months ago I went ahead and attended Lia Schorr Institute, a makeup school here in NYC and as of February, became a certified Makeup Artist. I attended The Makeup Show last week, and stopped by the Black Up booth. Was anxious to grab some products but unfortunately no product was on hand and we were instructed to place an order there or online. One of the Black Up makeup artists then gave me samples of a few things based on the Two Way Cake that I was matched to (TW03). She gave me HC 07, 08, and 09 in the Full coverage foundation, as well as CC03 and CC04 in the CC Cream and NFL 08 in the Matifying Fluid foundation. Iv'e been looking into this brand for sometime now after seeing a review on YouTube so this would be a great for me. Would be my pleasure to review on my website/blog and/or YouTube channel. Thanks for this extending the opportunity to us :)

Good luck ladies!

On to the pics...
Taken with my Iphone camera (sorry, not the best quality)

without flash

with flash

cocofiere

Thanks for entering, Denise! Your skin looks absolutely flawless in those pictures!!

Thank you for your response Countess
cheerleader.gif
Love your hair
pretty.gif
Thank you so much for the compliment! Good luck everyone!

CarmenK

Wow this is awesome! Hey ladies I go by Carmen and I am an aspiring makeup artist! Makeup has been my passion for the past 5 years and I am excited to grow and learn more and more about this craft. I actually went through a stage where it was a pain in the butt to find a good foundation to match my skintone. Many oxidize and turn really red/orange on me because of my oily combo skin as of right now I am matched to Mac studio fix fluid in NC45. I remember at one point learning about Blackup cosmetics and have always been interested in their products but their aren't too many reviews or swatches out there. So I would love this opportunity to actually try it out for myself and give detailed reviews! Either way I am excited to learn more about this brand and read all of the upcoming reviews from you ladies and hopefully find my Holy Grail foundation!
yahoo.gif

Tashaboo

Oo this it lovely!! My name it Natasha... I am a mac NC45 and am a die hard makeup fan. I will say I am newer to the whole makeup scene with doing makeup for just at a year. I work for an airline and I have to keep in business professional but I am one for wearing any and all colors. This is actually the first time of learning about this company. I went to the LAX IMATS and I don't recall seeing you guys there (I may be wrong.. It was so crowded in there) but I went to the website to see a little bit more about the company and products that you have to offer. It is always nice to see a company that caters to the woman of color and I am very interested in sampling and reviewing your products on Specktra!!!

Prettypackages

Oh this is awesome!

I go by Pretty Packages, and that surmises how I feel about all things beauty. If it is a pretty package or a beautiful product, I MUST try it. I have always loved makeup but, in my 20’s I was a lipstick, lipgloss and mascara girl. In the last 5 years, I’ve started playing with eyeshadow and blush and I’ve fallen in love, or become addicted. Like most, Mac as well as Bobbi Brown, was my entry into makeup. However, I enjoy the process of selecting different items from different brands. I am excited to see another makeup brand targeted to women of color, and cannot wait to try your products and read the reviews, as I am impressed to see that you have a CC cream for Women of Color, AND I cannot wait to get my hands on those beautiful lip lacquers and lipsticks. I am currently working full time, but will change everything to go back to school. I enjoy going out dancing with my friends, so not only is the right shade, and undertone a must, I am always on the hunt for something that is going to last, and work with my oily skin. Especially in the Summer. I am the beauty guru/tester among my friends, and I always share what I find. Because of this, am I able to convey the color, texture, and finish of a product. I would love to be selected to review and play in your products, and I thank you for coming to specktra to give one of us that opportunity.

Currently I am NC44/45 with MAC and Bobbi Brown 6/6.5

Haakenson

All of you girls look fabulous. I wish I have the talent to do make up. I think Specktra and Black Up are spectacular products. Do you guys know if they sometimes offer coupons or discounts like **admin edit** removed spam link.

Ajigglin

Ugh!!!!! I wish so badly I would have found thus thread earlier. I love blackUp's CC cream. Maybe next round? Let me just say that all of you who entered the contest are gorgeous. Good luck!

Janice

Thank you to everyone who submit themselves for consideration and a huge thank you to black|Up for partnering with Specktra and supporting our idea to create this panel of reviewers. We're really excited to be able to offer our forum residents a broader range of companies to look a closer look at as well as represent several points of view from avid beauty enthusiasts. As the purpose of this thread is complete, I am locking it to prevent further submissions.

Janice

Here's the first coupon code from black|Up Cosmetics : Specktra14
You can find their online store here:http://www.blackupcosmetics.com/
The promo code will be entered in the promotional code section and then you must click the arrow to validate.
This code is valid until May 31st and will give you 20% off your entire order!!!
Sign up for their newletter through the website to stay up to date on their latest products and other special offers!.

Status
Not open for further replies.