Hey guys, I'm not sure where to put this! **187 and 188**

SoHeartc0rex3

Okay, so right now I have no MAC brushes for the face. I was just wondering a few of these things, if yall could give me answers, that would be great.

1.) Do you use your 187 for only powder foundation? Other uses?
2.) Ever used your 188 for blush? I'm thinking this could be better because of the smaller size.
3.) Is it worth buying both?
4.) Any shedding on either?
5.) How do you care for your 187/188 in particular?

Misc questions:
1.) What are the 2 most important e/s brushes in your opinion?

erine1881

i like to use my 187 for MSF (shimmer, not natural), blush and blushcreme. using it for powder foundation would barely provide any coverage since the brush is made for softer product laydown.

i use my 188 for blush and blushcreme as well, and to concentrate products on the temples since the brush is smaller. i like to use it on customers around the nose to even out foundation.

i own both and have both in my brushbelt at work.

they may shed when you initially use them, like all brushes do. but if you use the brush cleanser and take care of your brushes, that will decrease over time.

the two most important eyeshadow brushes to me are the 239 and 217. i use them everyday on myself and customers.

ledonatella

1) I use mine for all powder products, don't use it for liquids only because my 109 is awesome for that type of thing so I really don't stray from that
2) Don't have a 188 yet but hopefully will be getting one soon for blush because the 187 can be a bit streaky for that
3) Yes, you can never have enough brushes!
4) I had one 187 that shed like crazy, got a new one and never had a problem so I think it's hot or miss sometimes
5) I use either the brush cleaner or a gentle anti-bac. liquid cleanser to clean my brushes

As for eye shadow brushes, I love the 239 for all purpose eye makeup and the 219 pencil brush for making a hot smokey smudgey eye

princess

I can only answer question 2,4 and 5 since I don't have the #187.

2) Perfect size for blush IMO. I think the 187 may be too big for blush.

4) No shedding so far for me, I owned it for about 7 months now.

5) I wash my brush with my facial cleanser.

eco

1.) Do you use your 187 for only powder foundation? Other uses?

--I spritz it 2x with fix+ or charged waters, then apply a pea sized amount of liquid foundation... I stipple it on, the move the brush in circles to blend in the product. I also use for natural msf, msf, and studio fix powder.

2.) Ever used your 188 for blush? I'm thinking this could be better because of the smaller size.

--Yes I had another mac blush brush, got a makeover @mac with the 188 for blush, bought it, and it's really the perfect size and works wonderfully for blush-- its gives you control to build your proper amount of coverage.

3.) Is it worth buying both?

--yes!!

4.) Any shedding on either?

--none so far on 188, the 187 I've had for 2 years and it sheds very very infrequently.

5.) How do you care for your 187/188 in particular?

--for a quick cleaning, I put mac brush cleanser on a paper towel and gently swirl the brush to remove debris. for a proper cleaning I use the brush cleanser in a cup (shallow amount) to remove most debris, then swirl in a shallow amount of lukewarm water, then dry w/ paper towel and lay flat off the edge of a table or counter. be very careful not to let any liquid soak up into the ferrule (metal binding) of the brush-- this leads to the glue loosening/shedding.

Misc questions:
1.) What are the 2 most important e/s brushes in your opinion?

--I mainly use the 252 for lids and highlights and the 219 for the crease or for a smokey eye. 208 for liners and precise application close to lashline.