Hey.

ms.marymac

I just thought I would start a thread for my fellow MAC peeps and other cosmetic employees...to say hello (since a lot have been MIA) and to break up the job interview threads (no offense!).

Did you survive the holidays? Any interesting stories? Excited about upcoming collections? Any cliche days? Discuss.

I survived the holidays only to have a delayed reaction to craziness. Craziness in a laughable way, if that makes sense. I guess they must have shopped online because they waited until I had my guard down before they came in.
th_LMAO.gif

I am not excited yet about collections, I still have a bag of gratis that I have to go through. I used to tear those bags apart with the quickness! Maybe I will be excited once I go to Update.

Your turn, go!

MissMarley

I'm quite excited for our upcoming collections- Clinique Spring and Summer are looking really pretty, especially for those of us with incredibly pale skin (which is SO nice when most spring/summer collections tend to be based around a bronzey sun-kissed look). I am making it out of my holiday funk- we just got done with inventory (being at the store at 5 am Sunday was NOT fun), and hopefully we'll get a huge shipment of product soon since they withheld a shipment before inventory. Now that it's not Christmastime, does it seem like customers are being nicer?

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Is it okay if I pretend to be a ma for entertainment purposes???

Hey, it's the internet, you can be whoever you want! lol

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Hey, it's the internet, you can be whoever you want! lol

Okie Dokes! So I was sanitizing some MetalX eyecream stuff when a tall redhead and her goat walk in with deterimination in their eyes. My fellow MA, Jaquisha, steps up to them and kindly says, " I'm sorry ma'am, no pets allowed." The woman grumbles and says, " don't worry. She's a good girl, she won't bite! It's Nene's first Christmas. Make her pretty!" Jaquisha is startled and scurries over to me and whispers, " No way, that goat is getting a makeover. Go over there, NOW!!". I walk over to the goat and smile.
"Hello Miss. How can I help you today?"
"We have an appointment. Got a party to get to? Diddy's throwing it so Nene's gotta look fly-y-y-y-y."
"Oh yes, I'm supposed to do her makeup. Please sit here Nene."
I am faced with a challenge. I've never matched foundation to fur before but I ended up using NC20 to match her light warm tones.
The goat kept thrusting around and her giant owner wasn't making it easy, as she breathed on the back of my neck. But eventually, I was done. The goat looked pretty hot. Now I see why they have those goat sex parties. :\
But it was the big hit! Instead of taking pictures with Santa everyone wanted to take pictures with Nene the sexy goat. All in a day's work... am I right?

SnowWhiteQueen

The holidays were insane!!!! Every day was crazy busy. Christmas eve we had to actually tell people to GET OUT because they were still shopping for presents. We want to get home to our families! I don't care if you didn't finish your shopping until the last possible moment! The holidays tend to bring out the best and worst in retail, but for the most part I think it went over very well. I fully survived my first Christmas in cosmetics. *deep breathe*

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Okie Dokes! So I was sanitizing some MetalX eyecream stuff when a tall redhead and her goat walk in with deterimination in their eyes. My fellow MA, Jaquisha, steps up to them and kindly says, " I'm sorry ma'am, no pets allowed." The woman grumbles and says, " don't worry. She's a good girl, she won't bite! It's Nene's first Christmas. Make her pretty!" Jaquisha is startled and scurries over to me and whispers, " No way, that goat is getting a makeover. Go over there, NOW!!". I walk over to the goat and smile.
"Hello Miss. How can I help you today?"
"We have an appointment. Got a party to get to? Diddy's throwing it so Nene's gotta look fly-y-y-y-y."
"Oh yes, I'm supposed to do her makeup. Please sit here Nene."
I am faced with a challenge. I've never matched foundation to fur before but I ended up using NC20 to match her light warm tones.
The goat kept thrusting around and her giant owner wasn't making it easy, as she breathed on the back of my neck. But eventually, I was done. The goat looked pretty hot. Now I see why they have those goat sex parties. :\
But it was the big hit! Instead of taking pictures with Santa everyone wanted to take pictures with Nene the sexy goat. All in a day's work... am I right?

I actually would not be shocked if someone brought in a goat. I bet it would say it didn't need brushes because it could just use it's own fur.
th_wink3.gif

MissMarley

Quote:
I actually would not be shocked if someone brought in a goat. I bet it would say it didn't need brushes because it could just use it's own fur.
th_wink3.gif

I don't think I'd be surprised either. I just had a girl bring her poor dog in (stuffed in a purse) and she set it on the counter where i was applying her makeup...and the damn thing peed. Yep. And guess who got to clean it up? And then the girl stole a lipgloss tester. URGH. At least security got her.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
I don't think I'd be surprised either. I just had a girl bring her poor dog in (stuffed in a purse) and she set it on the counter where i was applying her makeup...and the damn thing peed. Yep. And guess who got to clean it up? And then the girl stole a lipgloss tester. URGH. At least security got her.

nope.gif

Wait, did it pee in her purse and it leaked? Or did she set the dog itself on the counter?

MissMarley

Quote:
nope.gif

Wait, did it pee in her purse and it leaked? Or did she set the dog itself on the counter?

Oops, I phrased my story wrong. She pulled her dog out of the purse because it was whimpering and set it on the counter. It peed there and then on the floor. But then I made her pick it up and it peed on her. Karma!

Latest posts