Hi everyone! I am making a trip to MAC today and I need some advice on what to get++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage Kitten

I am mostly going to pick up a few brushes, but I may also get an eyeshadow or two. Which of these on my list should I get?

Mulch (I have a lot of browns but I do love them so!)
Club
Quarry
Woodwinked (although I think it might be too warm for my NC25/30 skin)

SpringDancer

I'd go for Woodwinked! It's one of the best neutrals IMO. I also love Club - but you should know that it's amazing green color appears best on top of black/green/blue bases. Many girls who try it without a base are dissapointed.

Stage Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
I'd go for Woodwinked! It's one of the best neutrals IMO. I also love Club - but you should know that it's amazing green color appears best on top of black/green/blue bases. Many girls who try it without a base are dissapointed.

A lot of people do love Woodwinked, but I will have to swatch it to see if it looks orangey on me since it's a bit warm (and I skew toward the cool side of the spectrum).

As for Club, what do you use as a base for it? I don't really wear much blue. Would it work over Carbon? I also have Mink & Sable (which is probably not green enough).

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage Kitten
A lot of people do love Woodwinked, but I will have to swatch it to see if it looks orangey on me since it's a bit warm (and I skew toward the cool side of the spectrum).

As for Club, what do you use as a base for it? I don't really wear much blue. Would it work over Carbon? I also have Mink & Sable (which is probably not green enough).

Personally, I use Madina Milano creme e/s, but I am not sure these are sold in the states.
You can try using any creme e/s in these colors, such as paint pots or paints. MAC has Blackground paint pot in black, Delft paint pot in teal. You can also use fluidlines or eye pencils as bases. I am not sure layering it over another eyeshadow would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.