Hi Everyone!

Hello everybody! My name is Sarah and I'm new here. I just recently became a makeup fanatic, and have been looking up information on it. Although my selection of makeup is limited.... very limited... I plan on adding to it. Exactly a month ago I was getting dressed to go to a screening of Rocky Horror, putting on my makeup, when I noticed I can actually put on makeup! LOL. *I know... I'm such a spazz. Am proud!* So, I looked up videos on YouTube and information on makeup, and decided I want to do more things with makeup. *I change my hobbies by the second. Literally. This is the longest I have ever stuck to one subject... I think makeup might just be a winner. LOL.* So, I found this wondeful forum while looking up stuff, and decided to join. I've spent three days sneaking around the site, and decided I love it here! Although I haven't "acquired" any MAC makeup... yet... I plan to do so. LOL. Right now I have a few drug store items, nothing to really write home about.

~My current fav cosmetic items are:~

*e.l.f Brushes: Total Face, Brow Comb & Brush, Smudge Eye Sponge, Defining Eye, Eye Shadow and Eye Liner

*Eyeshadow: Wet n Wild's Wicked 253B

*Eyeshadow Palette: e.l.f.'s Drama 90305

*Blush: CoverGirl's Tru Cheeks

*Primer: Wet n Wild's Intuitve Blend Light 176

*Foundation: CoverGirl Clean Makeup 510

I do not have a preference on eye liner. The worst mascara I have EVER used is Maybelline's Great Lash. For $6.00, it done absolutley nothing for my lashes. Complete waste of money.

I just recently bought BhCosmetics' 88 Matte Palette, and should receive it some where between Tues. and Fri. I plan on buying NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil 604 Milk, Royal Violet Palette, Ocean Breeze Palette, Fresh Greens Palette and Glitteratti Glitter Cream Palette. I'm not much of a glitter person, well... I should say 'shimmer', but I have seen videos and pictures of their glitter products and I must say they are beautiful. I plan on also buying myself a train case and a new set of makeup brushes.

Eventually I will start collecting MAC... when I become a millionaire, LOL... until then, I plan on sticking to decent drug store items.

kaliraksha

Hi Sarah! Welcome to Specktra! Rocky Horror midnight show was one of the first reasons I put on makeup. Hope to see you around the forums =)

Thank you! I think anyone who has just the slightest interest in makeup should see Rocky Horror, hopefully at a midnight screening. The makeup on the actors is amazing, and the makeup on the people who go to the midnight screenings is amazing. It's great to go to one and get ideas while watching an all-time classic cult flick.
eyelove.gif

MzzRach

I agree that Great Lash is absolutely horrid - I don't understand how it is always reported as the best selling mascara. It's just terrible stuff IMO.

Welcome and enjoy the site!