Hi guys, I need your help =)

gnat

Soo I am preparing my next trip to the MAC counter and I would like to buy some pretty things (duh, right?). I was thinking of a paintpot (what is the most universal and is good as an eyeshadow base), a highlighting product or MSF, and perhaps a crazy lipstick or something bright and fun.

I am very fair skinned and have rosy undertones, so cool colors are best for me. Here's a recent photo:

godess1kx3.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help =)

lukinamama

most universal paint pot for cool toned is painterly
msf-the new blonde or redhead msf
l/s-I like all's fair and b-babe or hot gossip

Dev Riasat

i agree, definitely PAINTERLY paint pot.
maybe SOFT & GENTLE MSF, since it has no color, it's just a highlighter.
and with lipsticks, you have to just test them out because you don't want to walk out the door with something that doesn't feel right.
try the slimshines first, because they're more sheer.

gnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukinamama
most universal paint pot for cool toned is painterly
msf-the new blonde or redhead msf
l/s-I like all's fair and b-babe or hot gossip

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSK449
i agree, definitely PAINTERLY paint pot.
maybe SOFT & GENTLE MSF, since it has no color, it's just a highlighter.
and with lipsticks, you have to just test them out because you don't want to walk out the door with something that doesn't feel right.
try the slimshines first, because they're more sheer.

Hey, thanks for the quick answer. I'll look at those MSF's and see wich one suits me best. And I'll also look at the mentioned lip sticks. Do you think I could pull off a bright color or do you think it best to stick to sheer ones?

Sanayhs

Bold colour lipsticks will look FANTASTIC against your skin tone! I should know, it's similar to mine.
winks.gif
The big "trick" to those is getting used to seeing the bold colour on your face. Blue-toned lipsticks will definitely be fantastic for you. A favourite blue-toned red is Russian Red. Slimshines are not my favourite because I find you have to reapply them CONSTANTLY.
yucky.gif
I like higher-coverage formulas such as Amplified Creams and Satins. Honestly, go look at the lipsticks and see what jumps out at you - you can always try them on! There's absolutely no reason you can't wear crazy coloured ones.
smiles.gif

Redhead MSF, while a warm golden peachy colour, is GORGEOUS. It's fun because you can use different amounts of the stripes to use it as a blush, a straight up highlight, etc.

For paint pot, it depends on whether you want a matte base or a shimmery one. Painterly is good for matte, Bare Study is shimmery.

Have fun!
smiles.gif

gnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Bold colour lipsticks will look FANTASTIC against your skin tone! I should know, it's similar to mine.
winks.gif
The big "trick" to those is getting used to seeing the bold colour on your face. Blue-toned lipsticks will definitely be fantastic for you. A favourite blue-toned red is Russian Red. Slimshines are not my favourite because I find you have to reapply them CONSTANTLY.
yucky.gif
I like higher-coverage formulas such as Amplified Creams and Satins. Honestly, go look at the lipsticks and see what jumps out at you - you can always try them on! There's absolutely no reason you can't wear crazy coloured ones.
smiles.gif

Redhead MSF, while a warm golden peachy colour, is GORGEOUS. It's fun because you can use different amounts of the stripes to use it as a blush, a straight up highlight, etc.

For paint pot, it depends on whether you want a matte base or a shimmery one. Painterly is good for matte, Bare Study is shimmery.

Have fun!
smiles.gif

Ooooh now I'm all antsy and want to have all of it RIGHT AWAY
yahoo.gif

I really need to get to the counter during the day, not an easy task with my university time table... Got to see all those lovely products in daylight :)
Thank you!

Latest posts