Hi guys!

jaylilee

So a bit about myself.
I found Specktra while lurking around looking for a mac blush. I'm pretty new to the world of makeup, a soon to be college graduate who has fallen in love with mac cosmetics.
I live in Minnesota, with my fiance and my cat, and am about to graduate from a double fine arts major. Needless to say, when make up became another form of painting to me, I became hooked. My step sister gave me one of their blushes as a birthday present and since I have turned into a blush FIEND! My "collection" - if it can be called that - is pretty small.

So now I'm just trying to build up what I do have without breaking my bank account (hah), learn what best suits my NC42 skin tone, and just turn make up into an every day part of my life that's for fun!

p.s: i was looking through a ton of the discontinued items and I wept at how awesome they are and now not available to me ;-; -- is this common?

Anyway, hello!

ssaemblog

Hahaha, I didn't get into MAC until last year so when I see stuff that isn't available, I wish I got into makeup sooner.

jaylilee

Hahaha, I didn't get into MAC until last year so when I see stuff that isn't available, I wish I got into makeup sooner.

Agreed! Especially when I see pretty things from previous collections that are now either way to expensive or just plain unavailable.

LMD84

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to the forum! happy to have you here!

ssaemblog

And your only luck is finding them at a CCO, aaah. That's how I got lucky with Liberty of London... even though all I bought was a blush and lipglass. No idea if they'll still have the eyeshadows.

jaylilee

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to the forum! happy to have you here!

Thank youuu!! happy to be here <3

ssaemblog; I actually just went on ebay and ordered the Give me Liberty of London dirty plum blush... because, apparently, it was a pro shade that got discontinued, to boot. and I just had to have it. wish i could get the other stuff, but sigh...

jaylilee

Girl, you have guts. I'd be afraid to buy anything from eBay.

I know right? I hope that decision doesn't come back to bite me in the rear! I'm gonna have to just start looking for other places to buy these things.... or swap, or something.

LittleMaryJane, thank you!

naturallyfab

Haha I do the same thing about all this discontinued items I missed out on before I was into makeup! Welcome to the site!

Shypo

Hi Jaylilee!! Welcome to the site - I'm sure your obsession and collection will grow in no time!! We have a lot of fun here!

jaylilee

Hi Jaylilee!! Welcome to the site - I'm sure your obsession and collection will grow in no time!! We have a lot of fun here!

Thanks! the obsession, oh, definitely, that's already growing by leaps and bounds. the collection will have to grow a bit more slowly ;) only so many paychecks a month, haha.