Hi im a little newbie...dont make fun of me :)

babydollala

hi,

Im new to make up. I usually get nice hand me downs from my sister who is a MUA and Esthetician...shes REALLY into make up but to me, all make up was the same! Id get brands from her such as Mac, Dior, Chanel, Stila, Too Faced, Prescriptives,clinique and i usually just give them away because...i didnt really care about make up and figured if shes handing them down...they must be bad quality. HA! what a waste. now i wish i kept all of them
ssad.gif

I realllllly love eyeshadows. i tried drugstore ones and the color looks nice in the pan but color pay off simple just sucks!

i dont have a lot of money to spend so reccomendations on where i should start would be great.

I have already made a cherry culture haul of NYX shadows...and am currently eye-ing the 88 Palatte just to have an inexpensive wide array of colors.

Hi everyone
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Welcome to Specktra! If you happen to like MAC eyeshadows you should consider getting the pan eyeshadows that are cheaper and more widely available now. Bourjois is a great cheaper makeup brand as well.

babydollala

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Welcome to Specktra! If you happen to like MAC eyeshadows you should consider getting the pan eyeshadows that are cheaper and more widely available now. Bourjois is a great cheaper makeup brand as well.

hmm...thanks for the suggestions.sorry but im not sure which pans you are referring to...is it the circular black ones that are like $14? if so, thats a lot to me if i want to collect a lot of shades. but i understand the quality is probbaly better, so i'd just get normal everyday colors (i duno which though!)

Ill check out Bourjois!

Thanks for the welcomes you two
smiles.gif

babydollala

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Welcome to Specktra!! We were all newbies at one time....No making fun here!!

hi Tish. Thanks for the welcome. i have a really silly question...how do you "thank" someone for a post? i dont know how to do that yet
th_dunno.gif

MAG0TS0UUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydollala
I have already made a cherry culture haul of NYX shadows...and am currently eye-ing the 88 Palatte just to have an inexpensive wide array of colors.

Hi everyone
smiles.gif

I thought about getting the 88 palette from Coastal Scents for awhile too, and one day, I was just told myself to get it, and I LOVE it! Especially since I'm a college student, and I'm on a very low budget. Although I don't use every single color, it has a lot of colors that I do use, so for about $25 its really worth it. It can really last a long time if you alternate colors too, that way, it lasts longer.
smiles.gif
The colors work REALLY well over a base, so my suggestion is to get it.

honey-gurl

You can make almost any eyeshadow look good with a base. Milani eyeshadows have good pigmentation but look so much better with a good base like urban decay primer potion or too faced shadow insurance. Hope I helped.
winks.gif

BellaItalia1969

Hiya and warm
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
we were all newbies one time so don't be scared ,nobody will make fun out of you ,i promise we don't bite...well maybe occasionally when we come across fake makeup!Welcome
specktra_rocks.gif

Enjoy your stay...and I would suggest for you to try Victoria Jackson makeup to go Beauty kit?Wow these are abs gorgeous,my daughter just bought some and their makeup brushes are also very good ,i have few,i recommend
smiles.gif

Ciao for now

jojo_makeuplvr

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
You'll love the site. Everyone is friendly and helpful and it is so much fun to share a passion about make-up with so many people.