High Fashion Beauty Shot Challenge

FullWroth

EDIT 2: Another source of amazing and extravagant make-up shots - Flickr: kuwaitbutterfly's stuff tagged with makeup

EDIT: I've put in some more pictures, and aziajs had a good idea too, so if you don't like any of these pictures, but there's some quirky beauty look you wanna try to recreate, post the original photo and your attempt here too!

I've been lurking in this forum for a while, and decided to try to contribute some challenge inspiration.
winks.gif

I have a whole lot of scans of beauty shots and high fashion make-up that I think would be fun to try but I'm a bit intimidated by because I'm relatively new to make-up, so I thought I'd share one and see if anyone wanted to give recreating this look a shot:

02pf0.png

If people actually like this idea, um, let me know I guess, and I can upload new ones periodically. Woo. I've done my best not to break any forum rules, moderators, but let me know if I've messed anything up or if I need to resize the image!

More images!

03iz9.png

15vb6.png

29_12_2007_0458072001198932564_akos_photography_studio.jpg

dji20dieng205gd9.jpg

1152184737_opr04l5p.jpg

1157445547_4.jpg

Dreamergirl3

I love your idea! I wish I had Emote because I would totally try this! I can totally see Snowkei rocking this too! More pics would be great
smiles.gif

aziajs

I like the idea. I would like to broaden it so that people can post a high fashion pic of their choosing and then their version.

FullWroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I like the idea. I would like to broaden it so that people can post a high fashion pic of their choosing and then their version.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea too!

I'll edit the original post to include this and a few other pictures.

KittieSparkles

This is such a cool idea. :) I actually have a picture that is similar to the first one you posted. I did it for a project when I was in cosmetology school. I will see if I can dig up the picture and post it tonight. :)

FullWroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Can we create our own? I want to do this!

Yeah, go for it, just post the original pic side by side with your take on it so we know what you were reproducing.
yes.gif

MelodyKat

I really hope this is high fashion enough. I did a shoot with my boyfriend (photographer) and this adorable girl named Fabby.

Hope you enjoy....just ask and i will try to remember what i used....

fabby.jpg

smellyocheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat
I really hope this is high fashion enough. I did a shoot with my boyfriend (photographer) and this adorable girl named Fabby.

that looks amazing! i love the lashes

my feeble attempt... I need more make-up and a proper digicam. phone cam sucks! The black looks more like a green cuz I had to use the table lamp for lighting. oh shucks.

hf.jpg

Products used:
- Missha cream shadow in white
- the pearl white shade from Meiniya quad
- Origins shadow in glistening granite
- Sweetscents pigments in Midnight
- Dior eyeliner pencil in black
- Sweetscents pigments in Sienna
- Missha magic eye changer (mixing medium)

happy*phantom

@smellyocheese: This is very fine! I thought you applied an orange/ reddish feather but it was a painted illusion.
smiles.gif
Well done!
Here's my silly interpretation/ attempt of HFMU, btw...
AMUcreativ2.jpg

AMUcreativ6.jpg

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat

fabby.jpg

Heh, I've worked with her before.

girloflowers

i guess this is kind of high fashion,i was inspired by kevyn aucoin and my steel blue pigment:

ae8c8795.jpg

the look i tried to copy

161a7c3e.jpg

0f90d466.jpg

c663e623.jpg

701cc468.jpg

72178eeb.jpg

i don't really own a nude lippy so i made to with some concealer, hush lippie with looks like concealer, brown lip liner and some lip gloss.

Latest posts