Highlighter recs

Lavande

Hello,

I am in need of highlighter recs. Main issue is large pores, so I don't want anything too shimmery.

I'm interested in MAC msf's but I'm not exactly sure that they are right- they seem very shimmery. Are these to be used as all over color, blush, or highlight? If it's just for highlight it seems pricey when you could use an e/s?

I've also heard good things about NARS Albatros (sorry about spelling). Thoughts?

Thanks !

Meisje

I got a highligher from Fyrinnae called In The Spotlight. I've had issues with their shadows, but the highlighter is fine. I have large pores as well.

Jangsara (who is one of my favorite bloggers) has a post with the swatch and another where she uses the highlighter.

http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2010/07/superhypercool.html

http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2010/09/tutorial-small-highlight-quide.html

Lavande

Thank you! I've heard good things about Fryinnae. I'm wanting something that is more matte than shimmer, hence the pore issue. I also don't want to spend a ton seeing as how you can pretty much use e/s for highlighter.

Thanks for the links!
I got a highligher from Fyrinnae called In The Spotlight. I've had issues with their shadows, but the highlighter is fine. I have large pores as well.

Jangsara (who is one of my favorite bloggers) has a post with the swatch and another where she uses the highlighter.

http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2010/07/superhypercool.html

http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2010/09/tutorial-small-highlight-quide.html

slick

My favorite highlighters are the Smashbox Softlights. Not too dull and not too shimmery :)

Lavande

Ohhh I have totally been wanting to try these! Could describe them? Are they matte? Are they for all over the face or just highlight? I'm very curious about them.

Thanks!
My favorite highlighters are the Smashbox Softlights. Not too dull and not too shimmery :)

slick

They can be used to highlight, or you can use them all over to brighten up the face or to make a matte complexion look more dewey :) You can find great deals on these on eBay!

mmarlbo

Thanks for the tip & recommendation about Smashbox Softlights!

Prism is lovely: http://www.smashbox.com/SOFT-LIGHTS

Lavande

Thanks- I really want an all over color. The msf's and BB shimmerbricks seem like too much! Maybe these guys are the ticket!

Thanks again!
They can be used to highlight, or you can use them all over to brighten up the face or to make a matte complexion look more dewey :) You can find great deals on these on eBay!

EUSHANNASIA

i'd recommend mac's lightscapade or by candlelight. :) i've also heard great things about perfect topping. if cost is an issue, pink opal pigment works as a really pretty highlighter too.

Lavande

Yeah I've been trying to figure out which MSF to get. I really want the least shimmery one and one that adds some healthy color to the face vs. just highlight.

I've heard good things about the ones you have mentioned as well as a few others- I just don't know which would be right. Guess I'll head over to the MAC forum.

Thanks!
i'd recommend mac's lightscapade or by candlelight. :) i've also heard great things about perfect topping. if cost is an issue, pink opal pigment works as a really pretty highlighter too.

EUSHANNASIA

glad i could help! by candlelight is really nice for adding a healthy light shimmer, i have that and use it almost every day. no glitter, no disco ball effect, just a nice healthy glow. good luck! :)

Lavande

Wonderful. I've had the hardest time figuring out which MSF is the least shimmery and provides color or a soft glow vs. caked on shimmer color.

Thanks

PS- Would you said By Candlelight is the least shimmery? I've heard great things about Stereo Rose, Perfect Topping, and a few others. Just trying to figure out the best of them.
Thanks!

glad i could help! by candlelight is really nice for adding a healthy light shimmer, i have that and use it almost every day. no glitter, no disco ball effect, just a nice healthy glow. good luck! :)

EUSHANNASIA

by candlelight provides a touch of color. it warms up the face just a tad. i do not own perfect topping and am actually waiting on a shipment for stereo rose, so unfortunately i cannot attest to those, but i would actually say that lightscapade is less shimmery than by candlelight. it's a very soft, subtle shimmer with absolutely no glitter. by candlelight can also be applied lightly for less shimmer, and will last you FOREVER that way. i've also heard that benefit's high beam is great for imparting just a nice, natural glow without being too shimmery. i think they have it in a mini/travel size at sephora if you want to just try it out. hope this all helps you in your quest! :)

Lavande

Thanks! I'm not good with high beam, it's difficult for me to apply and like I mentioned I am looking for something other than just a highlighter.

I do want some color, stereo rose seems to have a lot of that. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Thanks so much!

by candlelight provides a touch of color. it warms up the face just a tad. i do not own perfect topping and am actually waiting on a shipment for stereo rose, so unfortunately i cannot attest to those, but i would actually say that lightscapade is less shimmery than by candlelight. it's a very soft, subtle shimmer with absolutely no glitter. by candlelight can also be applied lightly for less shimmer, and will last you FOREVER that way. i've also heard that benefit's high beam is great for imparting just a nice, natural glow without being too shimmery. i think they have it in a mini/travel size at sephora if you want to just try it out. hope this all helps you in your quest! :)

Latest posts