Highlighters

mandirigma

Hope this is in the right forum and that my searching skills haven't failed me. In case I did miss a post asking the same thing, please feel free to direct me to it.

1. What's a good product to brush over a warm blush or bronzer for that glowy iridescence? I'm thinking the same effect that you get when you dust Shy Angel over a pinky blush and the same effect I hear Shimpagne gives (I don't have Shimpagne and I don't have the money to drop on it right now, so please don't tell me how much I need Shimpagne
ssad.gif
)

2. Okay, this is probably the dumbest question alive, but how do you guys use eyeshadows or pigments as highlighters or blushes? Like how do you get the product onto your face brush? Thing about the pigments is that putting a large brush in picks up way too much product, and the eyeshadows are too small to pick up any substantial amount of product at all. LOL, don't laugh at my ignorance
ssad.gif

TIA for any answers! :thumbsup:

cloverette

others will have better answers, but anyway:

1) i use iridescent pressed powder in pretty indulgent (LE); it has semi-silver shimmer & can be used with warm or cool blushes (my cheeks just look so healthy & glowy with it!). for warmer blushes, i'd also recommend such a powder in belightful. i tested it & it's beautiful; last time i wanted to buy it, it was sold out. i definitely need to check if they received new ones in the mean time.

2) for highlighting with pigments or eyeshadows, i use the 228 brush. i can control application with it because it's so small.

angela

1. i agree^^ belightful is a good highlighter! After bronzer and blush, I use either brush 129, or 187 to pop it on the apples of my cheeks. Its so pretty and really gives that dewy glow without being too glittery like the msfs. Dont forget to spray fix+spray all over your face after highlighting.

2. yea, i know what you mean. I pour some pigment on a petri dish (75-100mm in diameter). Lay down the dish with the rim facing up so that when you swirl around your brush (i use 129 or 187) the pigment doesn't fly around and create a mess. And just tap the brush above the dish so that the excess drops back into the petri dish and pour whatever went unused back into the pigment container.

as for eyeshadows, i try to pick up the product evenly with the brush. its kind of hard though but you'll eventually learn to work around the small pot of e/s.

cloverette

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy
is belightful LE?

no, it's permanent, but apparently quite popular, and thus- sometimes sold out.

mandirigma

thanks for your help guys. i'll have to hunt down belightful!

i'd also love to hear more suggestions from anybody else =)

ledonatella

1) I like to use Naked You or Gold Deposit MSF's that way...they are light enough that they don't darken the bronzer, etc. too much on me
2) I use either an eyeshadow brush with stiffer bristles or like a concealer bruch so that it picks up the glitter and enough pigment too.

Tonitra

I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I like to use a bit of Pink Opal pigment on the upper part of my cheek bones. I just put some on my finger and do a streak of pigment and then blend with a brush.

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
1) I like to use Naked You or Gold Deposit MSF's that way...they are light enough that they don't darken the bronzer, etc. too much on me
2) I use either an eyeshadow brush with stiffer bristles or like a concealer bruch so that it picks up the glitter and enough pigment too.

i don't have gold deposit, though i've been lemming it but i can't justify spending over retail =( from the swatches i've seen, it looks enough like so ceylon, so i might just try that. thanks so much for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitra
I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I like to use a bit of Pink Opal pigment on the upper part of my cheek bones. I just put some on my finger and do a streak of pigment and then blend with a brush.

oh cool, i might try this with some of my pigments. thanks!