Highlighting your "Inner V"

sonnebutti

BlakeLively.jpg

I think Blake Lively looks gorgeous here and I love the way she highlighted her eyes, but I was thinking how many of you do this? and how do you do that? can I use eyeshadows? I was also thinking if this wouldn't enhance a less perfect nose shape.. waiting for your advice
yes.gif

by the way I posted this on the recommendations thread and had no answers, but since I always get a lot of answers here, and I only use MAC, I posted here too..hope thats okay

Trixxy

I regularly highlight the inner V with either Vapour e/s or Vanilla e/s. I use a small eye brush, like the 219 brush. Usually, I'll dip the brush in water first, but not always. Hope that helps.

sonnebutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I think she is so pretty. I would kill to have her hair.

yeah me too, except in gossip girl when you can clearly see the extensions, as the colour is totally different.

mena22787

lots of ppl do this! you can use an e/s or a pigment like vanilla, and using a small brush (like the 219) you just pat it on in the inner corners

Brittni

Yes, highlighting the inner eye is great! It really makes them pop open especially for small-eyed chicks. Typically I find it's easier to use pigments for highlighting the Inner V. Your Ladyship or even just a cheap white one would do fine for this purpose. I don't think it would enhance the nose shape too much because it's enhancing and drawing attention to the eyes and that area which is above the nose. Goodluck!

FiestyFemme

I use a pencil brush like the 219 or a small brush like this. (It's the smaller brush. That's a Posh brush, but I use one from CVS Essence of Beauty line that's supposed to be a dead ringer.)
A brush that size is perfect for highlighting the tearduct.
I have a few fave highlight shades: Nylon, Phloof!, Crystal Avalanche, and Vanilla pigment.

lethaldesign

Same as all the above. I, too, use either the 219 or the small crease brush from Posh. In a quick fix, I'll even use my pinky to just dab a big of shadow/pigment in the inner corners. It totally lights up your eyes. I prefer using Your Ladyship or Vanilla pigment but any highlighting shadow/pigment will do.

ledonatella

I do sometimes, I just apply it with my regular eyeshadow brush right in to the corners, usually whatever highlighter color I'm using that day,it's not too complicated.

kimmy

i think highlighting your inner corners actually decreases the appearance of a less than perfect nose because it attracts all the attention to your eyes. i love using the light silver side of mac family silver e/s for this!