Hip Hop

Uchina

Any fans? Right now I'm refueling my obsession with Immortal Technique. He's not just a brilliant lyricist, but a socially conscious one to boot. Since I'm bored, I'm going to post a few lines.

ANR's tribe jerking me thinking they call shots
offered me a deal and a blanket full of smallpox
you're all getting shot, you little f-cking tretcherous bitches
This is the business, and ya'll ain't getting nothing for free
and if you devils play broke, then I'm taking your company
you can call it reparations or restitution
lock and load n----, industrial revolution
and f-ck packing grams n----, learn to speak and behave
you wanna spend twenty years as a government slave
two million people in prison keep the government paid
stuck in a six block eight cell alive in the grave
-Industrial Revolution

Got a rookie for a partner that's ready to FIGHT n----z
The world's a merry-go-round of stereoTYPE n----z
He's the spit in the face of a pitbull and BITE n----z
Matter of fact, kinda like this cat for a WHITE n----
(I think he went a little overboard with that word. It's not polite
tong.gif
)
These evil streets don't sleep be careful with who you mingle
In a city where it pays to be bilingual, cho so griefo
No may a porta u culo (si) via
-F-ck You (Again, rude, but good song)

How could the serpant be purposely put in charge of the country
Genetic engineered sickness spread amongst me
My people are so hungry that they attack without reason
Like a f-ckin' dog ripping off the hand that feeds him
Immortal Technique is treason to the patriot act
So come and get me motherf-cker cause I'm not coming back
Remember that I'm just a man don't follow me n----
Cause once you past the point you can never go home
You've got to face the possibility of dying alone
So tell me motherf-cker, how could you die for the throne?
When you don't even got the fuckin' heart to die for your own
-Point of No Return

I hate it when they tell us how far we came to be
as if our peoples history started with slavery
Painfully I discovered the sh-t they kept us secret
this is the exodus like the Black Jews out of Egypt
I keep it reality based with the music I make
brought the truth to your face with the style I run with
like the navy missile that shot down flight eight-hundred
I'm like the Africans who came here before Colombus
You swallow propaganda like a birth control pill
sellin' your soul to the eye on the back of the dollar bill
But that will never be me, cuz I am leavin' the past
like an abused wife with the kids, leavin' your ass
Like a drug addict clean and sober, leavin' the stash
unbreakable Technique leavin' the plane crash
I'm out with the black box and I refuse to return
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cuz I am the only motherf-cker that could change my life
-Leaving the Past

Wow, making that all PG took a while.

Anyways, I can't stand that junk they put on the radio and call hip hop. That's not hip hop, that's just some fool talking about da club and gats and gangstas to a beat.
hmm.gif
In any case, discuss?

BadBadGirl

It's always disappointing to read/hear people say that they hate hip-hop and all it's about is violence and misogyny. Most of the time they only hear about rap that they see on MTV and rappers in the news.

The type of music played now is very disappointing...but I don't sweat it too much. Everything comes full circle at some point, and eventually it will be cool to rap about something other than cars/jewelry. I also don't get mad about it because it's also music industry politics.

The suits who sign the contracts want to be sure their 'investment' makes money. Most of them want to go with the tried/true formula because that's what the masses want to hear. They aren't concerned about anything other than the bottom line. So you have the artist being a puppet, happy to finally have made it- eager to do what they are told...and therefore all the radio stations play the same thing....because that's what they are sent from the record company.

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchina
Anyways, I can't stand that junk they put on the radio and call hip hop. That's not hip hop, that's just some fool talking about da club and gats and gangstas to a beat.
hmm.gif
In any case, discuss?

Amen sista!! I agree 110%! Alot of people don't know what real hip hop is all about. What their usually hearing is Rap or main stream hip hop that usually talks about hoes, bitches, bling bling, money this and that's not what it's suppose to be about. I try and school my brothers and sisters about this all the time but right now that's what most people who listen to the radio like and I can't stand it. I know hip hop has different branches but I guess I'm not down for all that. To me, real hip hop is about life and the struggles that we all go through. Our family and friends and just real life stuff. That's the reason why I LOVE underground hip hop, it's just more real and they don't need to have a bunch of money flashin around to look cool. Not to mention the beats, off the hook and really unique unlike alot of radio stuff...it all sounds the same IMO!

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
Amen sista!! I agree 110%! Alot of people don't know what real hip hop is all about. What their usually hearing is Rap or main stream hip hop that usually talks about hoes, bitches, bling bling, money this and that's not what it's suppose to be about. I try and school my brothers and sisters about this all the time but right now that's what most people who listen to the radio like and I can't stand it. I know hip hop has different branches but I guess I'm not down for all that. To me, real hip hop is about life and the struggles that we all go through. Our family and friends and just real life stuff. That's the reason why I LOVE underground hip hop, it's just more real and they don't need to have a bunch of money flashin around to look cool. Not to mention the beats, off the hook and really unique unlike alot of radio stuff...it all sounds the same IMO!

Totally have to agree as well. I HATE the bs they play on the radio, it's garbage. I love my old school hip hop. Back then people had a reason and real things to talk about. Now, they just talk about stuff that is just plain stupid. And you know half the stuff they spit isn't even real things they acutally been through. My man is a rap artist, and he raps about all kinds of different topics. Real hip hop fans would know that rap is more than drugs, flashy cars and hoes. People who don't listen to rap and down it, probably feel that way because they haven't been exposed to the real stuff.

Latest posts