HK 90$ Sheer Mystery Powder Compact: worth it or not ?

gigiopolis

Yes if you're a serious collector of Hello Kitty and/or MAC! And for a lot of people on here they're both XD. But yeah the product itself is no big deal.

Can you depot the original powder and put in your other powders when you run out? I would imagine that you can since it's $90.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Can you depot the original powder and put in your other powders when you run out? I would imagine that you can since it's $90.

I'm pretty sure bunny said they do not fit
nope.gif

concertina

Not in any way, shape, or form is this compact worth $90.

If you've got $90 to spend on a compact, count yourself lucky and put it in an ING or Chase account that will match the amount.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Would I spend $90 for the HK compact? Here are the choices:

a) Yes
b) OMG Yes!
c) Hell Yes
d) Y to the es
e) oui
f) si
g) ja
h) da

Which one is correct? lol

LOLlerskates. I'm with MissResha on this topic though. I'm not even interested in beauty powders as product, and I'm not into HK like that either, so...*yawn*

MissResha

i would expect it to have a REAL kitty on there that actually SAYS hello for that price! it is very beautiful though. i know fancy compacts are expensive, but because i already plan on spending like $300 on this collection i cannot do the compact lol.

TISH1124

Quote:
Would I spend $90 for the HK compact? Here are the choices:

a) Yes
b) OMG Yes!
c) Hell Yes
d) Y to the es
e) oui
f) si
g) ja
h) da

Which one is correct? lol

My answer would be (i) OMf'nG Hell to the No...But yours are funny as hell to the yeah!!! Those are some serious collector's answers right there !! Love it

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Not in any way, shape, or form is this compact worth $90.

If you've got $90 to spend on a compact, count yourself lucky and put it in an ING or Chase account that will match the amount.

Sure, in some cases, but "worth" and income are all relative.

concertina

Quote:
Sure, in some cases, but "worth" and income are all relative.

Of course they are! In my opinion, as asked for by the OP, it is not worth (emotionally or monetarily) $90. And in this economy, in uncertain times when no job is really safe, it would be better, in my opinion, to save that money than spend it on crystals and powder.

....which just means I'm leaving more HK for everyone else with surplus descretionary income and rock-solid jobs to buy.
cutey.gif

X4biddenxLustX

I was on the fence for a while about buying it. But after seeing pics I just can't resist...got to have it! I guess its the hk lover and collector ( I guess I am, I just love getting more and more hk things ever since I was little) in me talking. I don't think I could even carry it around with me in fear of damaging it somehow, so it just sit and be pretty at home as another collector's item. Now as for the powder I honestly don't think its going to match my skin too well since the color selection is so minimal.

Fataliya

So once the powder is gone, is it, like...refillable? Or does the pan pop out so you can put any powder you want in there??

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
So once the powder is gone, is it, like...refillable? Or does the pan pop out so you can put any powder you want in there??

The Hello Kitty compact does come with one refill powder. The pan pops out pretty easily because it is magnatized and not glued in. It is too small to fit any regular MAC powders, beauty powders, or blot powders as far as I have heard.

At this point I am undecided on if I am going to get this compact or not. The collector in me says "yes" but the rational part of me says "no". All in all I will most likely get the compact. I can always sell it later.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
.....which just means I'm leaving more HK for everyone else with surplus descretionary income and rock-solid jobs to buy.
cutey.gif

...and thank you for that.
winks.gif

II3rinII

they told us at update that this is geared towards "the collector". that being said, this is not a magic powder, it will not transform angelina jolies face onto yours, nor will it teach you a new language or even bake dinner for you and your family. the powder itself is a silky texture, it will give a smooth appearance to skin with light weight coverage. it comes with a refill powder, after thats gone you basically have a fancy purse mirror compact thingy. this is for the girl who loves hello kitty, or mac or swaroski, or any combination of the three. this is definatly a collectors piece, just think what it will be worth on ebay in a few years!!

TISH1124

^^^ Well that confirms it for me ... If I am not gonna look like Angelina Jolie I sure as hell am not buying it now....

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Well that confirms it for me ... If I am not gonna look like Angelina Jolie I sure as hell am not buying it now....

LOL - My vote is no.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsky83
How much do you think it will cost at the CCO in a few months? I'm sure still to expensive for me.
ssad.gif

IF it ever shows up at the CCO it will be around $63 as most of the items there are 30% off retail. I hope that it does show up at the CCO. I wonder how many of these MAC made?

Fataliya

I want the compact. When the powder runs out, you can just press anything you want and put it in there, if the pan is magnetized.

Yep, want this bad.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

lmao.gif
th_LMAO.gif