HK MYSTERY POWDER same size as MAC blush!

jenee.sum

Hey guys,

Soooo....u maybe guessed it. i was crazy enough to get the HK mystery powder today. i totally got it for the packaging. Thank goodness it comes in a little black dust bag so it won't get scratched up if i wanna use it and put it in my purse.

anywaysssss, when i got home today, i wanted to know if i would be able to put anything in there once i'm done with the powder. i know Bunny said there's nothing that fits in there, but i took the refill that comes with it, opened one of my blushes...and just plopped it right on top of my blush....and IT FITS! it's exactly the same in diameter (4.3cm)! but the mystery powder is 5g, and mac blushes are 6g. sooo, i'm just thinking that the mac blushes are just a little taller/higher since they're the same in diameter. but even if it's higher, with the mystery powder pan inside the case, it still has an extra 3mm clearance at the top! so it wouldn't even matter if the mac blushes are higher. it'll still fit. (i doubt the mac blushes are more than 3mm taller/higher).

*does happy dance in excitment!!!*
th_DANCE.gif

unfortunately i don't have any depotted mac blushes, so i can't plop it in the mystery powder case to verify that it does fit. but i'm THIS close to depotting a blush...tonight! LOL

did anyone else get the HK mystery powder?? and has a depotted blush!?!?! PLOP IT IN and tell us if it fits!!!

anyways, just wanted to share. in case some of you change your mind about getting it due to the fact that it can fit another product in there. and it IS SUPERRRRRRRR CUTE!!! my MA was telling me about how they're watching the display like a hawk cuz their store attracts thieves. haha she said she wouldn't be surprised if someone were to come in on a busy day, take the entire display, and jet outta there. haha oh my.

winkiss.gif

UPDATE:

OK so i depotted a blush.....AND IT FITS!!!!!!!! i knew it looked the same size!! hehehe
in fact, they're practically the same height! i guess 1g is too little to make a significant difference in height.

this calls for the bananas!

nanaparty.gif

Yushimi

Omg, thanks a bunch. It's $110 CAD LOLZ...So I had to be sure of something before I bought it. Now I know I could use this container for something else when it runs out lolz.

Which colour did you get?
greengrin.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
Omg, thanks a bunch. It's $110 CAD LOLZ...So I had to be sure of something before I bought it. Now I know I could use this container for something else when it runs out lolz.

Which colour did you get?
greengrin.gif

smiles.gif
np!
um, ya i had to pay $110
shockt.gif
and American's are thinking $90 is crazy!
nope.gif
and as if $90 isn't expensive enough, jack up the price $20 you jerks!....no, i love you MAC...just not what you do to my wallet.

oh and i got it in Medium Plus. i'm an NC25/30

X4biddenxLustX

Thanks for confirming this in real life!

I'm still trying to look at the pros and cons of getting this cause it's $90 and I don't actually NEED NEED it. But yeah it would be nice to have lol.

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
Thanks for confirming this in real life!

I'm still trying to look at the pros and cons of getting this cause it's $90 and I don't actually NEED NEED it. But yeah it would be nice to have lol.

ur welcome!
winks.gif

you know what...if it didn't fit ANYTHING, i'd say fuck it, unless ur a collector or filthy rich. BUT, it does fit a MAC blush! i mean, i'm sure there are people out there who touch up their blush during the day, ya? i don't, but i'm sure some people do. and if not, you can always buy the same size empty pans online, press something you'd use often, and TADA!! (they do sell the same size empty pans online right? i haven't checked).

and plus, you're really paying for the packaging aka. swarovski crystals. so think about it. $110CDN/$90US for packing + 2 mystery powder pans = $55CDN/$45US per pan. but since you're paying for the crystals too, im gunna say you're really paying $5-10 for the powder, and the rest for the crystals....if they're worth that much. correct me if i'm wrong, but i kno swarovski crystals are $$$!

so...for those thinking you're paying $90/$110 for a stupid powder that's not gunna make you look 20 yrs younger (TISH1127), look like angelina jolie (II3rinII), or made with moondust and bring you closer to Jesus himself LOL (MissResha - that cracked me up btw), then you would JUST get a silver pan with the powder mushed up inside that come in the same packing as an e/s refill. LOL soooooo, IMO, not that bad for the 2 powders AND the crystals that are made into hello kitty's face!
cutey.gif

Yushimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
smiles.gif
np!
um, ya i had to pay $110
shockt.gif
and American's are thinking $90 is crazy!
nope.gif
and as if $90 isn't expensive enough, jack up the price $20 you jerks!....no, i love you MAC...just not what you do to my wallet.

oh and i got it in Medium Plus. i'm an NC25/30

Hmm, I should be a Medium then lolz I'm NC25 dead on. Must go in next week in person!
heart.gif
greengrin.gif
Couldn't we just buy the blush refills and put them in or else we'll have to depot our blushes
shockt.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Hmm, I should be a Medium then lolz I'm NC25 dead on. Must go in next week in person!
heart.gif
greengrin.gif
Couldn't we just buy the blush refills and put them in or else we'll have to depot our blushes
shockt.gif

yup u would be a Medium. i think the medium one would make u look a little more alive. eventhough there's not much colour, the lightest one might wash you out just a bit.
smiles.gif

oh yes you can just buy the pans for the blushes and just pop them in! they're all the same size right?

BloopBloop

*falls off the chair* your wallet needs a first aid kit now hehehe have fun with your hk mystery powder, although i wouldnt bring it around with me though even if it came with a little. the klutz that i am would drop/scratch little kitty off=[

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
ur welcome!
winks.gif

you know what...if it didn't fit ANYTHING, i'd say fuck it, unless ur a collector or filthy rich. BUT, it does fit a MAC blush! i mean, i'm sure there are people out there who touch up their blush during the day, ya? i don't, but i'm sure some people do. and if not, you can always buy the same size empty pans online, press something you'd use often, and TADA!! (they do sell the same size empty pans online right? i haven't checked).

and plus, you're really paying for the packaging aka. swarovski crystals. so think about it. $110CDN/$90US for packing + 2 mystery powder pans = $55CDN/$45US per pan. but since you're paying for the crystals too, im gunna say you're really paying $5-10 for the powder, and the rest for the crystals....if they're worth that much. correct me if i'm wrong, but i kno swarovski crystals are $$$!

so...for those thinking you're paying $90/$110 for a stupid powder that's not gunna make you look 20 yrs younger (TISH1127), look like angelina jolie (II3rinII), or made with moondust and bring you closer to Jesus himself LOL (MissResha - that cracked me up btw), then you would JUST get a silver pan with the powder mushed up inside that come in the same packing as an e/s refill. LOL soooooo, IMO, not that bad for the 2 powders AND the crystals that are made into hello kitty's face!
cutey.gif

Lol, I love how I just made a post about my spending habits and I'm still contemplating about getting this...

Originally when I heard that the regular face powder pans don't fit into the compact, I was leaning towards not getting it cause I wouldn't have too much of a use for it. I sure as hell wouldn't carry it around, can't bare the thought of breaking it or worse losing it! I'd keep it at home where it'll be safe and sound
yes.gif

I was thinking the same thing about being able to possibly buy empty pans online and press whatever I want into them and put them into my compact. So that way my compact will be put to some use instead of just sitting their and be pretty.

I have a feeling that none of the powders will suit my skintone right, I'm an NC35. The MA I spoke to at Nordies when i made the pre-order suggested that the Medium would be my best bet. I won't know for sure til I can hopefully pick this up on Monday. And if none of the shades work for me, I guess I can just sell the powder (please don't throw stones at me!) cause I really won't have any use for it.

Yeah from my understanding swarovski crystals are pricey. Have you seen those custom made cell phone face plates that are completely covered in swarovski crystals?! They are freakin expensive. I do agree that we are mainly just paying for the crystals really. The actual compact without the crystals and the powder are actually very cheap to produce and sell.

Septemba

This is great news!!

I know a lot of people wanted the compact but were worrying about what to do with it when the powders ran out etc.

I think this will make a lot of people happy.
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloopBloop
*falls off the chair* your wallet needs a first aid kit now hehehe have fun with your hk mystery powder, although i wouldnt bring it around with me though even if it came with a little. the klutz that i am would drop/scratch little kitty off=[

ur speaking to another klutz. lol i'll try to be realllllly careful with my expensive kitty.

Quote:
Lol, I love how I just made a post about my spending habits and I'm still contemplating about getting this...

Originally when I heard that the regular face powder pans don't fit into the compact, I was leaning towards not getting it cause I wouldn't have too much of a use for it. I sure as hell wouldn't carry it around, can't bare the thought of breaking it or worse losing it! I'd keep it at home where it'll be safe and sound
yes.gif

I was thinking the same thing about being able to possibly buy empty pans online and press whatever I want into them and put them into my compact. So that way my compact will be put to some use instead of just sitting their and be pretty.

I have a feeling that none of the powders will suit my skintone right, I'm an NC35. The MA I spoke to at Nordies when i made the pre-order suggested that the Medium would be my best bet. I won't know for sure til I can hopefully pick this up on Monday. And if none of the shades work for me, I guess I can just sell the powder (please don't throw stones at me!) cause I really won't have any use for it.

Yeah from my understanding swarovski crystals are pricey. Have you seen those custom made cell phone face plates that are completely covered in swarovski crystals?! They are freakin expensive. I do agree that we are mainly just paying for the crystals really. The actual compact without the crystals and the powder are actually very cheap to produce and sell.

i think the medium would be good for you. but i think you'd also be able to switch it to the darkest shade if you tend to tan. the girl said i can be a light or a medium...but medium made me look more alive. so yea.

i was thinking you could always do a custom made mirror to fit in the compact. since the mirror that comes in it is a regular view, you can try to custom make a magnifying one for the bottom.
smiles.gif
just a thought. or buy the loose blot powder (i know a lot of ppl carry this around and use it through out the day), press it, and pop it in the case = HK blot powder on the go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
This is great news!!

I know a lot of people wanted the compact but were worrying about what to do with it when the powders ran out etc.

I think this will make a lot of people happy.
smiles.gif

sure made me happy!
choochoo.gif

Yushimi

Wait, when you depotted...

Did you mean the pan or the pan+the black plastic thing it came in? Lolz sorry for all these stupid questions. Because the way I depot = black plastic is melted. Then I won't have a base to plop the blush in for the compact?
shockt.gif
Please correct me if I'm wrong lolz

X4biddenxLustX

Yeah the MA I had spoke to on the phone and I agreed that out of the 3 medium would most likely be the way to go. But she said that I can come in and try it out first at the counter before deciding for sure. The problem I have is the powders that come out that don't have a very wide color selection or like undertone separation like NC and NW, they tend to look too pink on me. That's the problem well one of them that I had with the Mineralize Powders.

The mirror idea is great!! I use to have a compact with a regular mirror and a magnifying one. Don't know what happened to it....

I've also thought about pressing some blot powder loose into an empty pan and popping it in. Has anyone tried that? Does it affect the finish of the blot powder or anything?

Quote:
Wait, when you depotted...

Did you mean the pan or the pan+the black plastic thing it came in? Lolz sorry for all these stupid questions. Because the way I depot = black plastic is melted. Then I won't have a base to plop the blush in for the compact?
shockt.gif
Please correct me if I'm wrong lolz

You can't depot the HK Kouture compact, it comes with pans that you can take out easily since there are magnets to help it stay in place. But IF you wanted to depot a regular blush and put the blush pan into the HK compact, yes you would have to melt the plastic if you were going to use the conventional hair straightener or flame depotting method. There are other methods out that that don't involve heat like using alcohol to dissolve the glue that sticks the pan to the black plastic part. Never tried that approach though but Enkore I think has a video on that on youtube. Check it out if your interested. Hope this helped!

Yushimi

Quote:
Yeah the MA I had spoke to on the phone and I agreed that out of the 3 medium would most likely be the way to go. But she said that I can come in and try it out first at the counter before deciding for sure. The problem I have is the powders that come out that don't have a very wide color selection or like undertone separation like NC and NW, they tend to look too pink on me. That's the problem well one of them that I had with the Mineralize Powders.

The mirror idea is great!! I use to have a compact with a regular mirror and a magnifying one. Don't know what happened to it....

I've also thought about pressing some blot powder loose into an empty pan and popping it in. Has anyone tried that? Does it affect the finish of the blot powder or anything?

You can't depot the HK Kouture compact, it comes with pans that you can take out easily since there are magnets to help it stay in place. But IF you wanted to depot a regular blush and put the blush pan into the HK compact, yes you would have to melt the plastic if you were going to use the conventional hair straightener or flame depotting method. There are other methods out that that don't involve heat like using alcohol to dissolve the glue that sticks the pan to the black plastic part. Never tried that approach though but Enkore I think has a video on that on youtube. Check it out if your interested. Hope this helped!

**Couldn't the blot powder from the compacts fit?
th_dunno.gif
Lolz

**And yes, that helped lolz...I thought the refill they gave you came with the black plastic thingy so I didn't have to melt that darn thing and just pop and switch instead. I don't know if that made any sense lolz

jenee.sum

Quote:
The problem I have is the powders that come out that don't have a very wide color selection or like undertone separation like NC and NW, they tend to look too pink on me.

Actually, the Medium Plus has no pink in it what so ever. I'm an NC, so if it had pink, i would be like eww. but i can't say about the other two colors. but from what i remember, they weren't pinky?

Quote:
**Couldn't the blot powder from the compacts fit?
th_dunno.gif
Lolz

**And yes, that helped lolz...I thought the refill they gave you came with the black plastic thingy so I didn't have to melt that darn thing and just pop and switch instead. I don't know if that made any sense lolz

ya if only life was that easy! LOL i wish they fit too! bummer!

and yes it did make sense. you don't need to depot the refill. what i meant by depotting was that i depotted my blush to put it in. the refill is just the pan.
smiles.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Well hopefully I can go out tomorrow to Nordies and finally see everything! Super excited but my wallet isn't though =[

Yeah I just look super icky with pink based foundations. I once had a MA at Clinique when I was younger and stupid give me a PINK foundation. Like no yellow whatsoever. Just straight pink. Just sooo wrong.

jenee.sum

Quote:
Well hopefully I can go out tomorrow to Nordies and finally see everything! Super excited but my wallet isn't though =[

Yeah I just look super icky with pink based foundations. I once had a MA at Clinique when I was younger and stupid give me a PINK foundation. Like no yellow whatsoever. Just straight pink. Just sooo wrong.

sooooo, how did it go?! did u get it?!
mac_haul.gif

X4biddenxLustX

^^ I sure did girl!!!!!!
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif

My dad was generous enough to drive with me out to Nordies yesterday and let me get it! I also got both dazzleglasses (I might just keep one of them though..actually I might just keep both hahaha), another l/g from the regular HK collection (it's the orange looking one), and the medium sized makeup bag!!!!!!

mac_addict.gif

And how about I'm in LOVE with Nordies now. They have MAC that actually can go on sale!!!! The MA's there told me that the HK plushdoll MAY go on sale eventually and that they actually had plenty left. If it does they'll call me!