hm. i think this girl may send fake pigments?

lolemily

i don't want to sound distrustful at all, but it's an odd situation for me. i've been swapping on MUA for about a month now and have reached eleven positive tokens. i haven't had any bad experiences other than a lost package but i sent a replacement so that's okay.

anyway, i contacted a girl with no tokens about a swap yesterday, and she said she had absolutely loads of eyeshadows and pigments she'd never use. she didn't have any of the ones i asked about but she did have Antiqued Gold, 3D Silver Glitter, & Fuschia. she asked to swap for a 1/2 tsp pressing of Apricot Pink. She said for that she would swap a teaspoon of Antiqued Gold & Fuschia and send me the whole jar of Silver Glitter.

That swap is so incredibly uneven it kind of boggles my mind. A part of me thinks that maybe because she's new she wants to make a good first impression, but another part of me is thinking maybe she'll send me fake pigments? She can't swaplift me because she volunteered to send first. It was only organised yesterday so I can't post pictures of anything yet, but what do you think? Super generous or counterfeit?
& also, for the three pigments I listed (Antiqued Gold, 3D Silver Glitter & Fuschia), what are the easiest ways to tell if those ones specifically are fake? texture, etc?

TIA :)

MACATTAK

Definitely post pictures when you receive them. It's really hard to say otherwise. I know Silver Glitter has been floating around on Ebay as a fake. The good part is she's going to send first, so you can see what's going on.

lolemily

Yeah, I did notice, but as far as I know the other two haven't? I guess everything would have been faked once at some point, but it seems a bit unlikely.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolemily
Yeah, I did notice, but as far as I know the other two haven't? I guess everything would have been faked once at some point, but it seems a bit unlikely.

Did you check Swaplifters Page, It deals with various names swaplifters have created but goes by her mailing address.... I don't know if there is a site that deals with swapping counterfeit iems too, if there is someone please let me know about it. But anyways this may be helpful to a new MUAer

SkylarV217

Singning up for swap talk would also be helpful, You have to have 20 + tokens and and active swap and wishlist page to sign up , But When you make it to that point it should also be helpful in a situation like this .

Latest posts