hmm...

ladynpink

has anyone ever been to a MAC store and felt as if every MA or SA there ignored you....? I mean I'm not the best looking or sometimes I not in the most appealling outfit when I'm there, but gosh, some of those MA's are very different...I went to a pro store recently and I had just gone swimming at a spring, so I wasn't in the best clothes or look, but when I went in, I came rite back out.....no one helped me, no one said hi, nor ask if I needed anything...I had to come back a second time, and was not talked to for about 15 mins. later....it was a bit strange for me..........................

Tania

There's no excuse for that type of customer service. Regardless of dress and hairstyle, or whatever, every potential customer should be greeted and assisted. How rude!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

MACATTAK

Usually I have 3 or 4 ma's asking if I need help. Were they really busy at that time? Even so, that's not an excuse.

Holly

Ive had that happen quite a few times to me at my MAC freestand store. I browsed in the store for over half an hour, no hi's, can i help you's or anything. Sometimes I just leave when it happens(especially if I start talking to them and they walk away) or else I just go up to the till, and then tell them what I want, pay and go. (The store seems to have a rep for them acting like that)

At the MAC counter in the same mall, the MAs always say hi to everyone, help them out etc.

mena22787

i wonder if it has to do with age?? how old are y'all? cuz i've read different posts and i usually find that most younger ladies have more trouble with the MAs...or maybe it just depends on the MA? idk...

AlarmAgent

Does anyone else kind of prefer not being spoken to at all? Haha, I know it's incredibly strange, and quite telling of my own shyness, but I really would rather just walk into a store, quietly pick out my junk, purchase, exchange pleasantries at the counter, and leave. I mean, all polite interaction of course! I just get so awkward when someone asks me anything, haha.

I feel so terrible too, because from reading the threads here, I realize how often a sort of shy "oh no thank you just looking sorry (scarper off in terror and look busy huddled near an eyeshadow)" can appear just to be snooty, or bad customer behavior.

People make me nervous. How healthy!

That being said, I've never been outright ignored in a MAC. I'd welcome it, personally! Our free-standing store here has the most polite service, willing to help always. The counter does as well, from what I can tell.

May I tag a question onto this thread as well, for any sales associates or anyone more familiar with retail than I?:
I have never said anything different from "oh, just browsing, but thank you!", and after I've made my choices for product, I just go up to the counter and ask if I may have the things I've decided on. The attendant there sometimes asks "And who was helping you this evening?" I always get so flustered! Now I realize that they're asking to see who gets my sale, right? Well, I almost invariably answer "Oh, everyone was helpful."

Just because, hey, I didn't have a solitary experience with anyone in particular, but I don't want to say, "No one. No one was helping poor ol' me!" because that is not how I feel at all...Am I wrong to do this?

As you can tell by my novel here, I really seem to lack social graces, haha. Sorry for the biography, AND the piggyback.

janelovesyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlarmAgent
May I tag a question onto this thread as well, for any sales associates or anyone more familiar with retail than I?:
I have never said anything different from "oh, just browsing, but thank you!", and after I've made my choices for product, I just go up to the counter and ask if I may have the things I've decided on. The attendant there sometimes asks "And who was helping you this evening?" I always get so flustered! Now I realize that they're asking to see who gets my sale, right? Well, I almost invariably answer "Oh, everyone was helpful."

Hahah, this happens to me too. If someone gave me there name and I actually remember it. I just give that name.
I get especially flustered when more than one person was helpful and I want it to be known that both were helpful.

And to the original poster, I'm sorry about your experience. I think maybe it has to do with the way management trained these employees or infornced their customer service goals at some of these stores. At my freestanding store in Atlanta there will be like 1 MA on the floor and a dozen customers and they'll just pass through telling them that they'd be with them shortly so that they were at least acknowledged. They all do this because I've seen it the many times I go in there.
At the Macy's counter even if I tell them that I'm just looking, they'll still stop by to check on me and make sure I still don't need any help while they're helping all of the other people.
Atlanta MACs rock! (except for that time 4 years ago haha)