Hmmm... luck? I hope so!

Dr_Girlfriend

I've been thinking about this for a few days now. Feb 18 I was in a car accident that was TOTALLY my fault. I ran a red light and hit another driver when they were turning left. *** let this be a lesson kids... you THINK you're a good multi-tasker while driving but really YOU ARE NOT *** My VW GTI was pretty damaged but not enough to total it and the other girl had just left the lot where minutes before had purchased the car. Wow, did I feel like a jackass? All signs point to yes!

Cops come out and I find out my license is suspended for failure to appear for a speeding ticket in Atlanta when we were moving. He could've taken me to jail but "didn't feel like doing the paperwork" when I actually think it was "the blubbering girl in scrubs and a labcoat standing in her backseat trying to find her license"(which is hard to do in a GTI by the way...

I knew I paid the ticked but found NO proof since we can't find half or our records since moving. Went back to Atlanta to pay a $168 ticket AGAIN but with fees so grand total of $280. Whatever.

Finally get to the DMV to get my license back after being shuttled around by my dad for almost a month. WOOHOO! Here comes my court date.. April 15. I was scared to death they were gonna take it away and I was gonna have MASSIVE fees. I get called up and the judge says "your officer wanted me to drop the charges for the suspended license and red light violation so have a good day.." Oh my god..

I'm hoping it was an angel on my side (possibly the cop) or somebody made a deal with the devil (possibly the cop). I'm shooting for the former! LOL.

Wow this was long winded... sorry about that guys...

LC

aw good job...LESSON LEARNED GIRL! I bet you'll be really careful now

Babylard

Wow. thats crazy. im glad nobody was really hurt. it really angers me when people run red lights because they aren't paying attention. my father got into an accident because an elderly woman ran a red light and i think he had to get surgery but he hid it from me and my sisters =(

but im glad you will take the precautions from now on. the officer was very kind to do that for you! i am godly afraid of driving thinking i'll kill someone lol

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
aw good job...LESSON LEARNED GIRL! I bet you'll be really careful now

Girl, you have NO IDEA!!! I get nervous just approaching that intersection now!

Babylard, while it's very wrong to run the red light, it was just an accident. Yes, I am thankful nobody (even including myself) was hurt, it was that... just an accident. My apologies if you didn't intend to be curt in your statement but it just came across that way.

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
Wow. thats crazy. im glad nobody was really hurt. it really angers me when people run red lights because they aren't paying attention. my father got into an accident because an elderly woman ran a red light and i think he had to get surgery but he hid it from me and my sisters =(

but im glad you will take the precautions from now on. the officer was very kind to do that for you! i am godly afraid of driving thinking i'll kill someone lol

I took the time and re-read your post and my apologies. I must have read it wrong the first time....

purrtykitty

Sounds like you got hella lucky, girl! Both with the accident and at court. I'm definitely a stickler for obeying traffic laws...huge pet peeve of mine when other drivers don't. But even I'm guilty of not paying attention from time to time. But I really try to focus as much as possible when driving. You can be the best driver in the world out there, and that won't protect you from all those other drivers.

Latest posts