HOARDER OR JUST PASSIONATE ABOUT ALL THINGS BEAUTY?

SamanthaDeMuro

I currently am making a list of things I want from Sephora and it is LONG and EXPENSIVE. This despite having so much make-up, there are some products yet to be used. I think I've just found products, through trial and error, that I really like so I am loading up on those products. Is my passion really a case of hoarding or just enjoying what I love? What about y'all? For example, I just discovered the awesomeness that is Buxom and can't get enough of the stuff as well as MUFE. This after years of sticking, mainly with Dior, NARS and MAC. What is your story and what do you guys think?

lovelyeyes21

I have a really big problem buying makeup to the point where i dont think i will be able to use what i have all by myself. Some stuff is still BNIB. That is how bad my obsession with makeup is! I have been cutting back alot to the point i havent bought anything makeup related in 6 months....which is very hard for me. Although I go on a swapping site to swap other swappers for their unwanted and new makeup items.It is a win win for me...I still get items without spending a fortune buying them. All i pay in the end is shipping

EllenAim

I'm a hoarder, especially when it comes to limited editions.
They do so much damage to my wallet :D

angelspice

I think I am both a hoarder and a collector especially on cute limited edition makeup palettes such as sephora hello kitty line and urban decay. But I would buy sale makeup even if I don't need it :(

Lisianthus

I have a really big problem buying makeup to the point where i dont think i will be able to use what i have all by myself. Some stuff is still BNIB. That is how bad my obsession with makeup is! I have been cutting back alot to the point i havent bought anything makeup related in 6 months....which is very hard for me. Although I go on a swapping site to swap other swappers for their unwanted and new makeup items.It is a win win for me...I still get items without spending a fortune buying them. All i pay in the end is shipping
Well done for getting your makeup spending under control! I understand how difficult it can be as I've had to do the same. It can be so hard to resist running out to buy the latest and greatest thing everyone is raving about.

I use to want to collect/hoard makeup. It took me a while, well maybe a few years, to realize that adding another blush, eyeshadow, powder, etc. to my collection wasn't making me any happier. I get enjoyment from using the products, not just having them sit in a drawer. The thrill from buying and acquiring makeup is temporary. I haven't bought any makeup since last August and now I'm working on using up and enjoying products from my stash.

astrida5

I'm a hoarder and i feel sometimes bad about it. When i look at all the make up i have i feel disgusted because i have way too many! Im trying a no buy but its really hard.

Yazmin

I am a passionate beauty hoarder. The amount of makeup I've acquired in the last 18 months alone surprises even me. I finally just got to Alex drawer units from IKEA last night, so I'm excited to put those together and organize my collection - and maybe find a few more things I can part with and pare down my collection a bit.

SamanthaDeMuro

I know I have what some would call a problem with always wanting, wanting, wanting certain makeup prods that I hear great things about. But I can't have it all and my collection is already so big. I have become so obsessed with my Urban Decay e/s that my huge MAC eye shadow collection has remained untouched for months. That never happens. Luckily, powder based makeups tend to last several years longer than other products. Like my huge lip product collection. I've been trying to use lip products that have remained barely touched due to me always going for my faves. It's hard to ignore the faves. But feels good to use my much neglected other lip products.

The upshot is, everyone in my circle: husband, sisters, parents, think I have WAAAAYYY too much makeup as it is. And my mom totally doesn't get my obsession. But she did indulge me in a little shopping spree the other day, within reason. I found a mini Sephora inside a JC Penney store and they had stuff that my larger Sephoras don't carry, such as Lorac and certain UD shadows I haven't been able to find. It was quite a shock, finding so many awesome products in this little Sephora. But yes, I do hoard and I love all things makeup. You can have too much, but I'm not there yet, so I tell myself.

Cara

I'm a hoarder I wake up and go to bed thinking of makeup
This made me lol becuase i pretty much wake up thinking the same thing :)
I dont have enough money to call myself a hoarder, but its probably a good thing i dont otherwise my house would be full.
I compile myself little lists of things i want, and if by a birthday or christmas i havent got it, i tell my husband or mum that thats what i reeeeeeallly need!! Sometimes it works!

crayolaforeyes

I think that a lot of us on this site are "hoarders!" I have more makeup than I will ever use. The only people that know the extent of my addiction are my son (who is 10) and my fiancé. They don't judge and my fiancé is actually sweet and every time we go into the city (Chicago) he asks me if I need to to go to the MAC pro store lol or any other place. I think that we all have addictions of some sort. Instead of collecting stamps I collect makeup. It makes me happy. I try to purchase things that I know will work with my skin tone but I end up with so many items that I hardly use some things and other things are not even opened yet. I was on a Bare Minerals kick when I first started out with makeup and I have, I am NOT kidding, all of their loose eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, you name it I had it. I had every Buxom lipgloss and Buxom product too since BM made it - I ended up giving a lot of the Buxom stuff to my sister and kept all my BM stuff but it sits in the closet in a large rolling train case. I now just buy whatever seems interesting and as a result I probably have over 100 blushes, not to mention probably the same amount of lipsticks and don't even get me started on eyeshadows. Point is, the products and my collection make me happy so I don't worry about being labeled a "hoarder" I just figure I am very enthusiastic about beauty products!