Holiday Make-up...

DollyGirl92

I'm going from the UK to Orlando in 33 days! and I'm wondering what to bring with me and what I should just pick up when I'm there instead. I am away for a month so my list is probably bigger than most...I'm also an over-packer!

I've got on my list so far...

Face brushes - Simga SS197, SE187 and SE129 and my 130 and my 217 'dupe' (Foundation, powder blush, face powder cream blush and concealer)
I won't be wearing full make up everyday but blush is needed for me to make me look less dead haha

Eye brushes - I was thinking of just bringing three or so, Just a blending brush, fluffy brush and a flat one oh! and how could I forget my 227 (All of these are SE brushes)

for eyeshadow, Painterly Paintpot NARS pleasures of Paris palette, NARS essential eye palette and MAC's Blanc Type
NARS Mekong for liner and MAC Burn for Brows and Feline pencil.

Now its the rest where I get stuck!

Which foundations/Tinted moisturisers/Concealers hold up well under the heat!? I'm currently using NARS Sheer glow which I rave about all the time! but I don't know how it's going to hold in the heat of FL and I'm also buying the Bobbi Brown Concealer and Corrector soon but if something lasts longer and holds up under heat let me know!

I use the Illamasqua loose powder but if you think the TM/Foundation works better with A powder you've used please tell me. Powder foundations are also okay in my books, and maybe mineral...

Also are Powder or cream blushes best for heat? or a bit of both?

so yeah, what things do you think are holiday essentials, my suncream's sorted (SPF50 lol) but its just the rest! I want to be able to look nice when I look back at my pictures.

InspiredBlue

Lou should be able to give you some tips on where to shop, since she was there recently.
smiles.gif

As for what makeup to bring: don't bring much, because I assume you a planning to shop.
th_wink3.gif

DollyGirl92

I'm so excited but I've got to get through the rest of my exams first
ssad.gif

What sort of things do you bring when you go away?

InspiredBlue

Well let's see.. I'm actually going on a little trip in 10 days, so this is a good thing for me to think through.
smiles.gif

Foundation, concealer + accompanying brushes
2 blushes (I think) + brush
bronzer + brush
e/s quad + two brushes
two-three lip products
mascara, eyebrow powder

That's about it, I think. This particular trip I'll be doing my sisters makeup for her last day of school, so I'll probably bring more stuff, as sort of a kit. But if it was just me on a summer trip, that's my list.

And hang in there with the exams. I'm in the same boat as you.
th_hug.gif
See the trip as your reward for studying hard.
th_wink3.gif

anita22

Foundation-wise, go with something sheer and non-greasy. My current faves are MAC Studio Moisture Tint (for a tinted moisturiser, it's surprisingly matte) and Clinique Almost Powder makeup (a sheer powder foundation). When I travel, I tend to go with powder foundations though as they're less messy, fine on-board for air travel, and easy to touch up with during the day.

For concealer, MAC Select cover-up works well as it "dries down" so tends to hold up reasonably well.

For blush - I quite like Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Cabo Coral, as it's a pretty summer shade and can double for lips or cheeks.

I think the rest of what you're taking sounds pretty good!