Holy Sheet

Classic Beauty

I don't think I've been so nervous in my life! I have cheer tryouts on Saturday. I've been cool about it, until tomorrow. My coach decided to take only half of the girls trying out. But this year, EVERY SINGLE GIRL IS AMAZING. I feel like crap right now. I used to be the one on top, and now...not so much anymore. And I am not one of the coaches favorites because I dont suck up to them or to any of the current seniors.
ssad.gif
Now I wish I was fake. (not really) If I dont make it, I want to take up something else, but I dont know what. Maybe horseback riding, or hip hop dancing.

kaliraksha

Ahh good luck! However, I'm sure if you don't make it you will put your good talent elsewhere... I bet whatever you love about cheerleading you can find another aspect of it somewhere else without having to be "fake" or anything....

I'm sure you don't even need the luck and you're just freaking out! <3

Wattage

Don't worry, whatever is meant to happen will happen. Sucking up is great in the short term, but I always feel like I cheated myself in the long run. I applaud you for not giving into social pressures to be someone you are not!

When you suck up and fake it, maybe you get the position. But would you want to have a position that you obtained by being someone you aren't? I am always unhappy in situations where I feel like I can't just be myself...

There are many things out there to try and it sounds like you have loads of talent so don't worry. Cheer Squad or not - we will be here for you no matter what you chose. Just relax and have a good time! Everything thing will turn out how it's meant to
smiles.gif

Keep us posted!

Classic Beauty

Like, I kind of dont want to cheer just because of after football season, but this would be my first tryout to not make it since 6th grade. But if I don't make it, I'd feel bad because I was a failure, not because I wasn't a cheerleader. Does that make sense?

On a lighter note, I find cheerleaders obnoxious. I like the ones that go to my school, but if I saw one cheering on the street and being annoying, I'd probably laugh. And...that's mean of me. Or maybe I'm just too judgemental.

And maybe I'm just talking a lot because I'm nervous.

SugarAsh182

If you think they're obnoxious, why do you want to be one? Just sayin'...

Anyways, I cheered competitively for six years and it was a blast! I did varsity football as well, and that is much more fun and less stressful than competitive. However, if you don't really love it, don't do it! Don't be nervous though, I'm sure you're great! As for tryouts, just play up your strengths whether they're jumps, stunts, gymnastics, whatever! Good luck!

Shimmer

do your absolute best you can, and don't stress yourself.
smiles.gif
You'll be fine, whether you make it or not, because you seem to have a backup plan.
smiles.gif

Classic Beauty

Yea...so I'm number 2. That makes me even more nervous because the judges might either judge me hard because I'm one of the first ones, or more generously.