Homemade bath products recipes and suppliers!

Beauty Mark

Hey-

Over the holiday, I'd like to make whipped body butter and do melt and pour soap. Anyone know of any good recipes for the body butter and amazing suppliers for the melt and pour? In fact, what about any other amazing bath product recipes?

Thanks!

mtrimier

I always liked getting recipes and ingredients from Majestic Mountain Sage (thesage.com). Their prices are pretty decent on the M&P bases.

I haven't made soap in years, though, just bath bombs, but they have great recipes if you want to browse around the site.

Ms.Shanti

Soap making, spa, skin care, massage, aromatherapy and cosmeceutical ingredient supplier - FromNatureWithLove.com
they even have kits you can buy that are reasonable($$)
thmbup.gif
to make stuff in bigger batches for gifts

syrene78

Look on Amazon. They have great books with amazing recipes to inspire you and they give you listings of suppliers.
smiles.gif

This is how I started and now I make my own skincare, soaps, perfumes, ect...
So much better for your skin!

Ms.Shanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
Look on Amazon. They have great books with amazing recipes to inspire you and they give you listings of suppliers.
smiles.gif

This is how I started and now I make my own skincare, soaps, perfumes, ect...
So much better for your skin!

Hey Steph what books do you recommend?I'm trying to start my own mineral makeup business amongst other things...It would be really helpful to know which ones are worth reading!
wavey.gif

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Shanti
Hey Steph what books do you recommend?I'm trying to start my own mineral makeup business amongst other things...It would be really helpful to know which ones are worth reading!
wavey.gif

For natural skincare making, I'd recommend: "Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair: Natural and Healthy Personal Care for Every Body", among others.
I don't know about mineral make up books though. I haven't looked for one but I am sure that there are some.
Good luck!