Homemade lip balm help

VanillaCupcake

I've really been wanting to get into making my own lip balm. I see so many people making their own, but I'm not really sure where to start. I have been searching for some recipes online and while I have found some, I'm hesitant to go all out just yet. Do any of you girls have any suggestions, tips or helpful advice? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

ruthless

Since you are new to it I suggest you try out a "pre made" DIY kit, you can get them online at lots of places. A melt and pour if you will, someone that comes with enough base and containers and instruction on how to add pigment, flavor. Although it's not from scratch you could still make it your own by adding your own pigments etc

Just google "make your own lipbalm" for etailers, here's a link below (I've never used them)

https://kissnaturals.com/en/products/lip_balm_kit

claire87john

[h=3]Lavender Lip Balm Recipe[/h]
  • 4 Tbsp jojoba, almond, or olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp grated beeswax or beeswax pearls
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out liquid vitamin E capsules)
  • 7 drops lavender essential oil (or other essential oil)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
  • 1 tsp colored, natural lipstick (optional, if you want it to have a hint of color)

Warm the oils, beeswax and honey in a small, stainless steel pot or bowl. Be sure to warm it on VERY low heat. (You can use a double boiler, if you’d like.) Stir until the beeswax is completely melted. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the essential oil, vitamin E, cocoa powder, and colored lipstick. Place the bottom of the bowl into a shallow pan of ice water and continue whisking quickly as you add the honey. Once the honey is incorporated, quickly transfer the balm into your lip balm container (tube or tin) and allow to set for 3 hours.

Latest posts