HONEST opinion please- hair and age

Modmom

I'm getting my hair cut and colored tonight, and I want something fun and a little edgy. I'm not cutting it short (eek!!) LOL, so I thought playing with color would be fun.

You can see my pic in my avatar, I'm quite blonde. I usually just get lighter highlights, but I was trying to find pictures of something funkier and I found this.... (just looking at the color....not the cut)

hairstyle.jpg

So my question is this...do you think at 39, this hair color comes across as 'trying to hard to be young?' That's not what I want to portray at all! I know I'm not supposed to care what people think...but I also don't want to give the wrong impression.

Should I stick to blonde tones to get the two toned effect or can I pull this off?

What do you think?

dietcokeg

i actually think it would be goregous on you! however, i think you should go with a richer shade of brown to compliment your skin tone better as i think the brown in the picture might make ur skin look ashy. you have such a goregous face and eventhough ur only talking bout the colour i think if u thined out ur hair a bit at the ends it would suit u even more and maybe throw in a few more layers and a nicely swept side fringe and BAMM u got it!!

LMD84

hhmmm well i think if you got the colour done like in the photo it may look a little try hard.

however if you had the darker brown done underneeth your layers so it was blonde on top but brown on the bottom i think that would be funky but not too in your face.

that said form your avatar i think you're stunning and have beautiful hair anyways!

Shimmer

I think such obvious color chunks could make you look hard. I'd keep the idea of the color but something more like LMD84 was suggesting.
smiles.gif

gildedangel

I agree with LMD84, I would go with a richer color and do the bottom layer as brown and the top as blonde; thick chunks of color flatters few people! I tried chunks once......never again lol.

Meisje

I love the photo you posted (in fact, I saved it because I'm now planning on getting that done!) And I'm 31.

If you're slightly reluctant about getting it done just like that, don't do it. Go for a more subtle version and if you love that and find yourself wanting it more intense, THEN go for the full monty.

Modmom

Thanks everyone...great feedback and comments. And I'm not reluctant at all LOL There's a wild side of me shouting to get out. LOL

I'm taking the pic to my hairdresser's tonight and seeing if we can do something with it. Wish me luck!

BEA2LS

please post picutres of what you decide!!
smiles.gif

i love dark and light hair.. i always wanted really dark lowlights but was too scared of the upkeep
ssad.gif

Modmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I think the lighter colour only would look best. Then again I'm not fan of two toned hair.

Too late! I did it and I LOVE it!! I didn't color it as chunky as in the picture (I would of if I was 20 years younger LOL). But I now have dark chocolate brown for the underneath and foiled chocolate brown streaks throughout. Shocked my kids...but they loved it too (so did hubby). He said it looks 30something edgy LOL. I'll try and take pictures on my day off.