honey lust everywhere

thelilprincess

ok, there are some colors i avoid from my holiday sets just because they look too light for me (retrospeck, brill, pink freeze) but i just recently learned that i should just use a tiny amount in a small area like the inner corner of my eyes to make it work.

however, honey lust looks so pretty - but i can't get the color to go on well. it falls out everywhere!! and when i try mixing medium, it looks so gross. like a thick frosty glittery mess on my lids. those that make this color work - how'd you do it?

lvgz

yeah honey lust tends to be a mess for a lot of people, because it goes everywhere. i would use it as you said, the inner corners. i also use it as a wash under my eyeshadow, so it extends past the darker es (crease or whatnot) but not to where its the highlight. just slightly past the crease and past the color, but under the highlight.

aziajs

What brush are you using? I have several lustres and have found that the 242 brush used to pat the shadow on the lid works well. Load up the brush with shadow and you will probably have to use several layers. Be sure to use a good base - a paint, UDPP, fluidline, LLL, etc.

thelilprincess

i have a trish mcevoy similar to 242 (ooh, i think that brush is 7+ years old). the brush works great with other colors.

i'll try my shadesticks - i have 2 holiday sets and need to start using them more.

thanks for the advice!! muah!

claresauntie

also: try to place a tissue under/around the eye to catch fall-out.

with these formulas, i do eyes first, though, so i can just sweep a cleansing wipe under and around the eyes to clean-up, then i do my face makeup.

KaylaGrace

I apply it with a denser brush. I used the 239 and it works great.
But I also base it under a shadestick so it sticks better.

Latest posts