Honour Blush & MSF Duo- how do I use it?

ambicion6

Please let me know if this is a repeat or if there are FAQ how to use highlight/shimmers somewhere that I can refer to.
001_unsure.gif

I love all things gold and shimmery! I bought this blush probably over a year ago and I've hardly ever used it. the few times I have used it, I have used it with a big kabuki brush and used it as body glimmer for when I wear really low cut and deep V shirts.

It's a blush though, so how do I use it as a blush? i am not sure how its used as a highlighter (which also leads to another how do I use it ?) for reference, I'm hispanic, NC42 in Mineralize satinfinish, 35 in MUFE Mat Velvet

Do i just lightly tap it on my upper cheek portion?

I have the Medium Dark / Natural And Shimmer MSF duo. and am totally at a loss as to how to use it as a highlighter. I've ended up using mostly the non-shimmer side. I have a 189 brush that I use it with.

I realize that I'm supposed to shimmer/highlight the portions where sun mostly hits my face naturally like my forehead and chin but that seems so counterintuitive since I have combo/oily skin and strive to keep my T-zone from looking like an oil spill. it seems like adding shimmer to these areas would only make it worse.

Sigh. I'm so shimmer/highlight challenged
ssad.gif

Booyahkasha

hahahaha oh my god you are too cute... Forget about you being highlight challenged, I think you are just using the wrong products, and weren't instructed properly on using the products you do have!

First of all, if you have an oily skin, highlighting can be tricky, obviously because you already have a buildup of moisture on your face, and highlighting tends to looks moist on the skin. I am surprised that you were advised to use Mineralized Satinfinish on your skin, because this foundation is more for a normal to dry skin. The reflective pigments in it create a moist, humid effect. Not something someone with oily skin would want I imagine..
smiles.gif
If you find that your t-zone is uncontrolably oily, I would suggest going with Select SPF (which also has a medium coverage, but a matte finish) or perhaps if you like creams, Studio Tech (medium coverage, matte finish). Of course, everyones skin is different. You might want to ask for samples of these and try them out before buying them.

Ok, the skin aside, let's talk about Honour Blush! If you are NC42, I have a feeling that it is too light for you to serve as a blush, meaning, giving color to your cheeks. There are soooooooo many colors of blush, and that is because we have soooooo many skintones in the world! In saying that, a blush that would be super light peach on me (nc20), would definitely be way too light for someone, say nw45, right? Using Honour as a highlighter or adding glow to the body sounds like a better idea! In this case, yes highlighting would mean putting it on the parts of the face that stick out and catch light naturally, a.k.a cheek bones, brow bone, forehead, bridge of nose, and chin. Again, if you have oily skin, it is trickier to do this without going overboard. I would suggest using a mattifying powder beforehand, to make sure that there is no excess oil, and then lightly dust just your cheek bones. Forget about the t-zone because it's going to eventually glow anyways and you don't want to add to it (unless your skin is behaving that day!) Or you could try it with the mattifying powder, and do your noses and forehead, and see how it goes. Again, it depends on your skin because there are so many levels of oily and I'm not sure what you are
winks.gif

The double sided MSF has two purposes. The natural side is to be used all over the face to slightly even out the skin tone, while the shimmery side is used to highlight. It's tricky because while the natural side gives a beautiful finish, it also adds a subtle glow to the skin so I wouldn't put too much of it. The shimmery side I would use exactly the same way as I explained for the Honour.

I hope this helps girl! Don't worry you'll be a pro highlighter in no time!
winks.gif
xox

erine1881

use the natural side of the duo all over your face (after foundation or alone), then apply honour (tho i don't think it'll give you enough color as a blush), or any other blush, to the apples of your cheeks. smile and apply to the fleshy part. then take the shimmer side of the duo and apply to the temples and cheekbone. highlighters are to be applied to these areas (anywhere else makes it appear oily). you're thinking of a bronzer which is applied where the sun would hit.

ambicion6

I figured with my skintone Honour would not work too well as a blush, but it was so gold and pretty I couldnt help myself!!!! :p

Thank you both I'm going to try these suggestions out
smiles.gif

I dont use it as a blush because its super shimmery for me...i like to use it on my cheekbones. i'm not big on shimmer but when i saw it i fell in luv with it.