hormonal acne+combo skin:mac pro longwear vs mac select spf 15 vs mac studio sculpt

urbanD0LL

which one would you suggest ? i want something that lasts long , feels good on the skin, offers build-able coverage & definitely doesn't break me out more.

Funtabulous

Pro Long Wear all the way. I have the same skin as you (except oily all over instead of combo) and wouldn't ever dream of using Studio Sculpt (if I recall correctly, it's quite creamy). I can't comment on Select spf 15, because I haven't tried it. However, I consider PLW a great success for my skin, and would recommended it to all oily/acne prone girls.

A related tip is to set it with Blot Powder, it delays the shine and doesn't look cakey.

ThePowderPuff

Not Studio Sculpt. That's very creamy and not for acne-prone skin. Pro Longwear and Studio Fix should both work. But it's always a personal matter if you break out from it, so make sure to get a good size sample of it before you buy.

erine1881

any of these would be fine for acne skin. its the finish and coverage that you'll wanna decide you want more.

PLW is a medium coverage, natural finish, and wears 15 hours.

select spf is also a medium coverage, natural finish. (no one at my counter likes this foundation and only sell it if people ask for it.)

SSF is a medium-full coverage, natural-satin finish. just because its creamier, doesn't mean it can't be worn on acne skin. the fact that is more satiny makes it less desirable for oilier skin, and more desirable for dryer skin.

if you're acne is caused by hormones, then you shouldn't have a problem with any foundation, as they're all non-comedogenic. some people do have reactions to certain ingredients and can break out, but this is from the ingredient, not the product itself.

all 3 can be built up for more coverage. but, since you're looking for a longwearing foundation, i would try PLW.

lucia_la_latina

I have near perfect skin (not being up my own a**btw haha) but this product seemed to block my skin, no spots just blockages, so i would be careful, if your spot prone!
it looks amazing but did seem to block pores on my cheeks and chin.
something i have never had in my life!
also seems a task to get it all off my face at the end of the day!
EDIT- i was referring the prolongwear btw
smiles.gif

Chrystia

I would go with Pro Long Wear or Studio Sculpt. Depending on what type of finish you want your skin to have and your comfort with the foundation. I have combination skin with hormonal acne myself. I actually prefer Studio Sculpt because it makes my skin look like it glows. Whereas so far I am still trying to find ways to make Pro Long Wear work on me. It does last and it looks great on many people, but it feels tight on my face. Also I found the oilier sections of my skin looked twice as shiny as they did with Sculpt. Each person will like something different. I would go in and have the artist do half of your face with one and the other half with the other. Then make your choice from there.

urbanD0LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia_la_latina
I have near perfect skin (not being up my own a**btw haha) but this product seemed to block my skin, no spots just blockages, so i would be careful, if your spot prone!
it looks amazing but did seem to block pores on my cheeks and chin.
something i have never had in my life!
also seems a task to get it all off my face at the end of the day!

which product ?

Latest posts