horrifying cut. :[

jokers_kick

I got my hair done this weekend...at some old lady place...and got the worst haircut I've ever had. It's bad, I'm not just saying it because its not my style...its not any style. I could have done a better job being blind with a chainsaw. I was crying earlier just cause I don't know what to do. I don't even know what she did...its not any style I've ever heard of before.
DSC01242.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

help.

heenx0x0

At first I didn't read what you wrote and I just panned down to your pics. The look on your face said it all!! If your truly not happy with it(and I know your not)you should go back and make them fix it. They'll do it at no charge to you and someone other than the one who messed it up can do it. I think it would be cute if you had them cut off the bottom layer. It will make it have a whole new look to it and I think the bangs are cute the way they are. Well, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!

professionaltart

why oh why did u go to an old lady place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!@@@#!!

i would cut off the bottom layer and make it like a fluffy short hair cut! :-D

poddygirl

I agree - go to a different (better) salon and get a short croppy bob. I really think it would suit you. Sorry you had a bad experience
ssad.gif

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenx0x0
At first I didn't read what you wrote and I just panned down to your pics. The look on your face said it all!! If your truly not happy with it(and I know your not)you should go back and make them fix it. They'll do it at no charge to you and someone other than the one who messed it up can do it. I think it would be cute if you had them cut off the bottom layer. It will make it have a whole new look to it and I think the bangs are cute the way they are. Well, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!

I wish I could :[ I was visiting a friend in Kingman, but I live in Las Vegas. Plus, the only people who work there are over sixty...and I trust no one over sixty with scissors anymore.

kcrae

I would agree, get the bottom layer cut.............. and find a good salon, b/c someone might be able to "fix it" w/ out having to cut a ton of hair. I've learned the hard way myself.............impatient and just getting my haircut where they could get me in right away. However, it wasn't a 60 year old lady, so age doesnt matter. On the same note, a "good" salon doesnt always = a great haircut.

as_cute_as_pie

lol.gif
before even readin i sympathised with u soo much lol i know exactly what it's like. when i got mine cut (i had longish hair with a few layers nd asked for it to be cut a centimetre shorter and the layers cut shorter) ok what i got left with was short short layers at the bk like loads of them nd the same at the front and a good inch or two cut off. im very overprotective of my hair so i actually started cryin when she was cuttin it nd then wlked off halfway through cos i could see and tell she'd cut loads off but i had some stuck up hairdresser who kept sayin she couldn't understand what was wrong and she'd just done what i asked and it looked the same as before (which is what a wanted didn't want it to look any different really) and then even the manager came in who once before when i had rang up to book an appointment (which was hard to get one with the stylist i wanted because of arrangements and getting there etc) and in the end after about 4 times of me rejecting her times she sed 'i think you better go somewhere else' and hung up
angry.gif
so this time she was totally unhelpful and they both just stood there looking like there was something wrong with me and i still had to pay after walking out crying
angry.gif
soo it's not as bad as it seems nd woo hair grows
lol.gif

as_cute_as_pie

also might seem obvious but i would totally splash out on a top salon to get it re-styled as they can go through everything etc or just go somewhere you trust!
smiles.gif
but i do agree with taking off the bottom layer

jokers_kick

Yeah I'm going to my trusty curl up and dye salon haha. I'm not taking chances anymore...Now my hair looks like ferra faucets on crack. ughhh. oh well.

user3

ssad.gif
ssad.gif
I will shed a few tears for you!
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

I know how it feels to have your hair wacked away! I went to this one supposely "great" salon and the gal wacked all kinds of layers all over my head and I didn't even ask for layers!

Looks like a shorter cut is in order! Just be glad you have face for it! I don't so I had to deal with it.
See if maybe they can give a 40's bob! That would great on you!

Corvs Queen

Def. get the bottom layer cut off.
I think that that will make it look a bit better.
I feel for ya sister, I went through the same thing last spring.
All, I can tell you is to massage your scalp like a mad woman and to take lots of vitamins.
Hope that helps and again, I feel your pain.

ruby_soho

I don't think it looks THAT bad. I think if you straighten and have all the layers lay flat then you'll have a nice fashion mullet! Or if that doesn't turn out to your liking get it cut how Miss Pumpkin illustrated in an angle bob or something like that. Bad haircuts are the worst! I'm getting my hair cut this week, hopefully I'll get lucky!

prppygrl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
I don't know if this will help, but how about something like this, making the back fluffy and messy-like?

idea5at.jpg

ahhh poor baby i feel for you!!!! but yeah i agree with miss pumpkin with the asymetrical bob,and get it stacked in the back! i always thought you'd look like one of those hot mamma's with the cute choppy bob.i think that'd look nice chicka!

Pink_minx

aw noooo...im so sry i know how you feel, the lady that cut my hair was an old lady too...under my hair she cut it really short and the top of my hair she left it long giving my hair a V-shape (i wanted layers) didnt look like one, it just made my hair really THIN! I mean THHHIIIIINNNNN.

I agree with the girls, just cut the bottom, Miss Pumpkin example would look good, just make sure you go to a really good salon this time no more old ladies.

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I don't think it looks THAT bad. I think if you straighten and have all the layers lay flat then you'll have a nice fashion mullet! Or if that doesn't turn out to your liking get it cut how Miss Pumpkin illustrated in an angle bob or something like that. Bad haircuts are the worst! I'm getting my hair cut this week, hopefully I'll get lucky!

yeahhh I just tried straightening it and its worse haha. I'm definitely going for a bob now. Its not so bad right now, I'm leaving the front layers down and putting the rest in a pony...but urghhh I still wish I hadn't wasted my money haha.

jokers_kick

I have decided to get a bob. Right now I have most of my hair in a ponytail in back, with my bangs and side layers out. It looks good from the front, so I'm okay right now...I just can't wait to get the rest fixed haha.

lostcaligirl

I think that cut could work with a little razor work and a flat iron. I tend to like choppier cuts so thats why the razor...cut that bottom layer and razor the rest and flat iron the layers with some volume on the top back crown and you'll rock it! Sorry it wasn't the cut you wanted though hun!

black_crx

We would like to see pics.. so we can see "before" (old ladies massacre) and "after" (the rescue)!

I cut my (hip) long hair short (under the ear) in March 2005 . That was an error - never again! Now I let it grow! I feel with you!!
knuddel.gif