HOT humid weather makeup rec's

Calla88

I'm going to New Orleans in a few weeks and I would love some suggestions on light make up , mainly eye shadows and liners for long wear and minimal coverage for dark circles under eye and a few skin imperfections. All brands welcome, I tend to sweat a lot and I want something that will last all day as I will have long work related days into the night. I have Hazel eyes, about Rihanna's color with more olive undertones than yellow. Thanks in advance.

shellygrrl

Staff member
First, I'm going to recommend you get a makeup setting spray (MUFE Mist and Fix, e.l.f. Mist and Set, UD All-Nighter, UD de-Slick, Skindinavia). Spray a bit of this after you're finished your makeup and it'll have better staying power. Other products... * under eyes: Bobbi Brown Corrector - very lightweight, stays on * face concealer: BB Creamy Concealer * eyeliner: Prestige Total Intensity - inexpensive, doesn't move * eyeshadow: e.l.f. has a liner/shadow stick in their Studio line. The colours are pretty, and the liner end isn't bad. If you have oily lids and/or a hooded eye, the shadows will crease, so you may want to have an eyeshadow primer on hand. (For your eyes, I'd suggest the purple/plum one. Personally, I've used this as a base for MAC Shale e/s; so pretty.)

Calla88

Thank you SO much Shellygrrl I would have never thought of a setting spray! I will buy one this week, and some of the other things you suggested! Thank you LMD84 , off to watch the video now!

DILLIGAF

My only suggestions would be in the eyeliner/eyeshadow catagory:

UD 24/7 eyeliners
UD 24/7 shadow pencils
MUFE AquaLiners
MUFE Aqua Cremes

Mac-Guy

I would recommend MAC Powerpoint eye pencils. If you let them dry/set, they will stay for a long time, even in humid weather.

MAChostage

I second Dilligaf's suggestions, because all of these products tend to stay put through thick and thin. I also sweat easily, and have done New Orleans in the heat of the summer. It is *really* humid there this time of year and you will still want to look fierce in spite of the weather as you sit and enjoy beignets and the sights while sitting outside at Cafe du Monde.
thmbup.gif

My only suggestions would be in the eyeliner/eyeshadow catagory:

UD 24/7 eyeliners
UD 24/7 shadow pencils
MUFE AquaLiners
MUFE Aqua Cremes

Romina1

I'd suggest too MUFE aqua creams and liners, and HD blushes. they don't go anywhere till you remove them! I use MAC Fix+ when applying my foundations, I spray it and then I apply foundation when it is still a little bit wet and has a great lasting power. Avoid anything powdery and prefer liquid or creme blushes. For concealer, Full Cover by MUFE. It's waterproof and a little drying, I find it perfect for humid weather!

Calla88

Thanks you so much, Dillgraf, MacGuy , Machostage and Romania1 for all your suggestions, I will be making a trip this week to Sephora, Mac and Nordstroms to try out and pick up some the goodies. MACHostage, I love New Orleans but the humidity is no joke , I looked a sweaty mess last time I was there so these suggestions are a God send!

Calla88

I went shopping today and got a few things for my trip
Nars Mykonos, cream shadow
MUFE - Aqua cream shadows in 12 and 18
UD 24/7 shadow pencil in Sin
Mac Shale eyeshadow
MUFE eye liner in Aqua eyes in 11L and black Aqua liner
Mac lipstick in Creme de Nude
China glaze in Happy go lucky

I wanted to get more UD liners and shadows pencils
but they were out of stock, luckily I have lots of Sephora's in my area so tomorrow I will continue my hunt.
Thanks again for all the suggestions

Nicala

Very nice goodies! Tarte's ACB are AMAZING. The only thing that lasts for the humid weather out here. NARS doesn't last on my face at all. :(

DILLIGAF

Very nice goodies! Tarte's ACB are AMAZING. The only thing that lasts for the humid weather out here. NARS doesn't last on my face at all. :(

I completely forgot about the ACBs and I second this suggestion! Oh and the MUFE HD blushes as well.

amoona

When I travel to the Middle East it's usually 100 degrees and 100% humidity so I try to keep my make-up simple. I use a primer (Smashbox, MUFE or Benefit's POREfection), powder with MUFE HD loose powder, cream blush that I usually lightly set with a similar color powder blush (helps it stay on all day). I also an't leave home without my eyeliner so I use UD 24/7 eyeliner for my inner eye and prime my lid with UDPP before I put Blacktrack liner on my lid. Make sure your lips are hydrated with a nice lip conditioner too.

This goes without saying but don't forget your sunscreen and moisturizer - make sure the moisturizer is at least an SPF 30 and covers both UVA/UVB protection.

Nicala

UD's e/l smudge pretty badly on me now *sigh*. I'm still gonna try to use it up though. No way I'm purchasing it again though.. I still have a few of them but I feel like the colored ones travel more than Zero. Milani's eyeliners are pretty much amazing.

amoona

UD's e/l smudge pretty badly on me now *sigh*. I'm still gonna try to use it up though. No way I'm purchasing it again though.. I still have a few of them but I feel like the colored ones travel more than Zero. Milani's eyeliners are pretty much amazing.

Have you tried MUFE's liners? I also use those and they're great. I don't get oily on my face - just my eyelids so I make sure to also use UDPP all over my eyelid before I apply liners.

I also forgot to mention using UD All Nighter spray. I think someone already mentioned it - but it's amazing. MAC's Fix+ does nothing to me for staying power, it just feels like it's refreshing but UD keeps everything intact.

Calla88

Thanks Nicala and Amoona. I will check out the Tarte ACB , U/D all nighter spray and the benefit porefessional!