Hot makeup to go with a hot dress, pls help!

cutandrun

Hi everyone,
I'm wearing this dress to a school leavers' ball on saturday, and I need help and advice with the makeup i'm going to wear...
Thing is, though, I hardly wear makeup in school, and I love people's reactions to me wearing makeup when I do wear it, so this time I REALLY want to surprise everyone.
I'm about NC20, chinese, black hair and dark brown eyes.
Here's a pic of the dress:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=9331350817&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWA:IT

Sorry, I know the pic's a bit small, I just received it today, I got it off ebay, it looks really good on me, but now I need great makeup to go with such a pretty dress
smiles.gif

I was thinking that I could wear red lipgloss (I have check, please lipglass, it's a candy red l/g from the tailormade collection) but then I wouldn't know what e/s to put on to go with it?

Basically, I need makeup that's gonna stand out (in a good way!) and make me look really good, but without 'overtaking' my dress either, if you see what I mean?
I'd really appreciate makeup recs, thanks in advance!
greengrin.gif

theleopardcake

Hm, that IS a hot dress, and i like the red lips idea, but i don't know what kinds of shadows you'd wear to go along with it. If not, you could ditch the red lips and wear smokey eyes with teal/turquoise underlining on the lower lashline. I saw a waitress at a restaurant wear that look and it looked fabulous.
good luck and hope that helps!

fairytale22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleopardcake
Hm, that IS a hot dress, and i like the red lips idea, but i don't know what kinds of shadows you'd wear to go along with it. If not, you could ditch the red lips and wear smokey eyes with teal/turquoise underlining on the lower lashline. I saw a waitress at a restaurant wear that look and it looked fabulous.
good luck and hope that helps!

I 2nd the smokey/turquoise idea, but if you're set on red lips skip the smokey eye.
greengrin.gif

cutandrun

I hadn't thought of smokey/teal eyes actually, I'm definitely gonna try that out to see how it looks, thanks!

And thanks to fairytale22 for the tip, I'll keep that in mind if I do try the red lips idea
greengrin.gif

Latest posts