How can I take my own pics? Please help

hundove

Hey all,
I have a Nikon D70s and I cannot take my own pic. I see all of your wonderful pics of your faces and makeup and do not know howyou take them. Can you please tell me how?
I tried using the closeup mode but it comes out blurry and distorted (te nose taking over,lol!).
Any suggestions? i'm tired of begging my mom to take pics, only to have my head cut off,lol.
Thanks for any help.
Can you please tell me how each one of oyu takes great self portrait pics and pics of your eyes and face?
Thanks!

lara

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=46494
MissChievous has written a great tutorial on how to take crisp, clear photographs of your make-up. The tips she gives are applicable to just about every current digital camera.
smiles.gif

hundove

Yup, I saw her great tutorial, and it's helpful if I take a pic of someone else, but for me...how do I take it? With a timer, without? How? Do you hold the camera in a certain way, adjust it somewhere, what? The pics you all take look like someone took it for you, but you took it yourselves...how?
Sorry if I sound so naive,lol!

Professor Fate

hold arm out, hope that your face is in the viewfinder,and click away.this works great for my haggard picks of my rough face.

hope this was helpful...
thmbup.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

stand in front of a mirror so you can see the viewfinder in the mirror, and make sure your getting yourself in the shot. thats what i do. (dont take a picture of yourself IN a mirror however. those are always terrible.) Timers are great too. set it somewhere and look where it is aimed at. stand there. and viola.. good picture.