How Clean is your Hotel?

captodometer

Gross, but not unexpected
ssad.gif
I have been a public health inspector at various times in my career.

Hotels can be downright filthy. The sheets on the beds get changed between guests, but the comforters/bedspreads don't. Definitely possible to find feces, urine, or semen on them sometimes if you test for it: not visible to the naked eye, but there nonetheless. When I check into a hotel room, the first thing I do is remove the comforter and throw it on the floor in the corner.

And I don't walk around barefoot either: the carpet gets vacuumed regularly but God only knows how often it gets steam cleaned. It's a dark color for reason: it hides the dirt.

xsnowwhite

ew i wont even watch the video. Once I stayed in this cheap hotel but it was the ONLY availible one. It was SO disgusting, my sheets were visibly filthy and when i asked for a spare set, they were just as bad! It kept me out of hotels for a long time!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I stayed at a Hotel in Williams AZ, it was the only hotel with Rooms available, there were BUGS IN THE BED! and Pubic Hair, When I told the Clerk at the Front desk, he THREW A FIT! when he saw I had uncovered the entire bed of all the blankets ( I always inspect the bed before I lay in it, and I always get rid of the comforter) He refused to give me a full refund because the room would have to be "re cleaned" and I said "IT WASN"T CLEANED IN THE FIRST PLACE!"
we saw a couple going in on our way out and we said right in front of the manager "Don't stay here, There were bugs in our bed and he wouldn't return all of our money" the guy turned around and left, I felt slightly satisfied.

CaraAmericana

ok, confessional hour. don't hate me...

Right out of high school, I worked at a hotel downtown. I started dating the Security officer superviser. When he worked 3rd shift he worked sneak me in through the back door and take me up the freight elevator and we woud have sex on top of beds (over covers) in various rooms and sometimes if we were in a suite we would have raughy dirty sex right on the couches and armchairs.

I would never ever ever ever never ever never ever do that now, but that goes to show you some people don't care. I was 18/19 and I didn't give a shit because I was gettin some. But he was in his thirties and should have known better

MiCHiE

I had coworkers who did the same things. I think it happens in every hotel, honestly.

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
ok, confessional hour. don't hate me...

we woud have sex on top of beds (over covers) in various rooms and sometimes if we were in a suite we would have raughy dirty sex right on the couches and armchairs.

That's why I also put a towel over the armchair if I'm actually going to sit in it. And I don't even think about sitting on the couch if the room actually has one
graucho.gif

And while we're on the topic of hidden public health nightmares, the blankets and pillows on most airplanes are just as bad as the stuff in hotels: they don't routinely get washed between flights. The only airline I've ever been on where I was sure the blankets and pillows were clean is Air New Zealand: they came sealed in their own individual baggies and it was a 13 hr international flight. Never been on a domestic flight anywhere in the world where I could say the same.

SparklingWaves

I saw on a news special that stated semen can be found everywhere in those rooms. I do mean everywhere - phones - ceilings - doors - door knobs. You name it and it's there.

The last hotel that I stayed in was so bad that it had flies and fleas in the room. The a/c was out and their was blood stains on the bed. I told the hubby I was sleeping in the car & got my money back.:confused:

redjellybeans

A few years ago my husband & I stayed at a hotel. The room was pretty bad. It was dusty & had a strange smell but nothing prepared me for what I would find on the floor next to the bed - Toe nail clippings!!!! A huge scene in front of other guests & we got upgraded to an executive suite in the new part of the hotel. Apparently as it was a busy night they opened up the old section of the hotel that hadn't been used for months

Willa

Ieeewww....
That is so disgusting!
I recently went to a chic hotel, I just hope they were clean.
My bf had brought champagne glasses but I remember using one from the hotel. But I remember him telling me not to touch the bedspred
lol.gif

CantAffordMAC

I never really thought about this. Its gross. Me and my boyfriend have stayed at a few low budget motels because we don't have the money for anything else.
We stayed at a Motel 6 a couple of weeks ago, and when we went into the room it smelled like...stale. The carpet wasn't vacuumed, the pillowcases were all wrinkled up like someone had slept on them already. The toilet was dirty, the sink had hair in it, and the tub had dirt covering the bottom of it. We got a different room that was somewhat cleaner.

I try not to touch anything when I go to motels lol.

thelove4tequila

Oh man....just.......oh man. I only really stay in military hotels nowadays and I HOPE they aren't that bad.....but realistically....oh man!

iheartcolor

My dad stayed at a low-cost motel once and found blood on the sheets! I would have booked it outta there in about two seconds!

-Lauren

Latest posts