How did you get money to buy makeup as a teenager?

HersheysKiss

I asked my mom to buy me some cheap drugstore makeup and i only got the basics, mascara, foundation, bronzer, and eyeliner. Then i got a job at the mall when i was 16 and then i could get anything i wanted
greengrin.gif

westindiesangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayteex023
Wow, thanks for all the great responses!
greengrin.gif
Well I live in New York, and 15 year olds are allowed to get working papers but it's a bit strict (can't work past 7, can only work 3 hours on a school day) which I understand, but I haven't found a place that doesn't requires you to be at least 16 so far. I'll definitely try harder when it's closer to summertime. I'm sure someone could hire me.
smiles.gif

I tried buying drugstore cosmetics a year ago when I first became interested in makeup. Since then, I feel as if it's more worth it buying one good, let's say, MAC product that works than 5 drugstore products that don't. I know it's dumb considering I don't have much money xD I do have a few NYX items and I agree it's awesome, but very hard to find! I'll order online when I save enough.

Oh, I never knew it was that strict!

I don't know, I buy everything at the drugstore except for eyeshadows and face powders and primer. Those I feel are worth investing in. Everything else, I have pretty much found my HG's in foundation, eyeliner, and mascara, so it is worth trying stuff there 'cuz you never know!
smiles.gif

MizzMelroseMood

You should try to find a babysitting job right inside ur building-that would be so awesome because then you wouldn't need to travel anywhere. I know you said u don't know any of the other people well, but maybe u can ask ur parents to ask around(to be safe also). You can also just slowly build ur collection once a month with ur $20 allowance, that will buy u atleast one good item a month! And if something u want is more like $30, then offer to do something extra around ur house for the extra $10.

Simply Elegant

I got allowance for regular housework and extra money if I did more. I also babysat and had 2 paper routes and got money for every 80%+ mark I got.

JustAddSparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayteex023
Wow, thanks for all the great responses!
greengrin.gif
Well I live in New York, and 15 year olds are allowed to get working papers but it's a bit strict (can't work past 7, can only work 3 hours on a school day) which I understand, but I haven't found a place that doesn't requires you to be at least 16 so far. I'll definitely try harder when it's closer to summertime. I'm sure someone could hire me.
smiles.gif

I tried buying drugstore cosmetics a year ago when I first became interested in makeup. Since then, I feel as if it's more worth it buying one good, let's say, MAC product that works than 5 drugstore products that don't. I know it's dumb considering I don't have much money xD I do have a few NYX items and I agree it's awesome, but very hard to find! I'll order online when I save enough.

I will ask my parents about doing more chores for money, thanks! My parents could afford to give me money for makeup, but my dad's a big no on it and my mom's set on the idea that makeup will ruin my skin (which it hasn't so far
amuse.gif
) so gotta save up.

Well you probably could skip foundation at your young age, right? Eye makeup and lipgloss isn't going to destroy your skin, especially if you wash your face everyday.