How did you lose your baby weight?

janwa09

Hi Mamas! Well I just gave birth via c-section almost 5 months ago and I pretty much have lost the pregnancy weight but have gained some back almost 10 lbs! I seem to be slowly gaining weight (around 2 lbs/week) and I really don't know what to do now. I exercise but only low impact since I had a c-section and my diet is ok although I do give in most of the time to my dessert cravings. I just feel really bloated. Is this an indication that my period could be coming back or something? I am breastfeeding and haven't had my period since giving birth. Has this ever happened to you guys? Any tips on how to lose weight at this stage? TIA!

Shimmer

It's the desserts and lack of cardio.

I know how hard recovering from a CS can be, due to the healing of the incision etc., but cardio is going to be the way to go. Walking is probably best (though I was retarded and joined the army 8 months after my second CS...don't do that, it's bad form...)

If you can swim some laps that's an even better method of exercise!

*Stargazer*

You should be ok to resume some more intense forms of exercise. I had my third c-section 6 months ago and I'm already back to pre-pregnancy workouts. That and breastfeeding help a great deal.

You could be getting your period as well, but for some people (myself one of them) as long as I am nursing at least once a day, I do not ovulate or have my period. It is SO nice.

janwa09

Thanks for the tips! I do cardio on the treadmill 40 mins 5 times a week eversince the year started and have noticed some changes but not on the belly area though which is still very flabby lol. Yes i think I feel very good right now and strong enough to do the exercises I did before I got pregnant. Boxing was my exercise and will go back to it this month!

Honey B. Fly

give up the desserts for vanilla/choco and ect. flavored yogurt and eat more fruits like strawberries and watermelon when u crave, their sweet and wont pack the lbs on

after i had my baby i got an ab lounge and that helped my tummy SO much, i didnt gain alot of baby weight but my tummy def needed xtra attention

janwa09

Ok just an update on this....I had a check-up and blood work done and it turns out that I have hypothyroidism which according to my endocrinologist, explains my weight gain. And true enough, just 2 weeks into the meds, I already lost close to 3lbs, not so much but it is a start!

toby_is_cute

I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant, scary! I lot about 50 pounds just naturally after about 6 months. But it wasn't til my daughter was over a year old that I started working out. I lost the last 10 plus another 5 that way. I do have the flabby weird mom stomach, lol. I do the treadmill 40 minutes ands then a little weights and sit ups. I did not have a C-section though, so I am not sure how working out feels if you have had one. My eating stayed the same, I just work out way more.

And if I see another picture of JLo, or Nicole Richie, or Heidi Klum looking perfect two seconds after giving birth I'm gonna puke!

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_is_cute
And if I see another picture of JLo, or Nicole Richie, or Heidi Klum looking perfect two seconds after giving birth I'm gonna puke!

It's easy to lose all that weight if you aren't actually taking care of your own child and you have a personal chef and trainer, you know? I hate seeing that so much.

Caramel_QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
It's easy to lose all that weight if you aren't actually taking care of your own child and you have a personal chef and trainer, you know? I hate seeing that so much.

hahaha...so true

heck if I had a "night nanny" to get up with the baby during the night, I'd be refreshed enough to run ten miles a day, LOL!

M.A.C. head.

Quote:

Ha! Seriously.

To the OP:

If you are breastfeeding I would not rush to lose weight, as it could decrease your milk supply.

Either way, just get yourself into good habits like making healthier eating choices and doing the "small" things to get your body back in shape. If you're doing well with your csection recovery, I would suggest short sets of crunches in the morning and before bed. If there are stair in or outside of your home, you could jog up and down the flight. When your baby gets a bit older you can go on daily walks with him/her. If you are interested in practices like "baby wearing" you could get a sling and then get some info about stretches that you can do WITH your infant!

Best of luck. [I went through a csection too, so I feel your pain, LITERALLY!]

toby_is_cute

Quote:

Haha! That is the truth. I couldn't help thinking when I saw the pics of JLo feeding on of her babies in People that that was the first time she had done it. All while in her $10,00o gown, lol.

To everyone who had a c-section--how long until you were ok to work out? How long was your recovery? I wonder what it would have been like to have a c-section...Anyone do both vaginal and C?

ri0tdorque

PPD baby! Five days of not eating or sleeping getting sleep deprovation and being rushed to the ER before I got pregnant I was a size 11 within not even a week after birth I was back down to a size 5 but it's not something I recommend. PPD (postpartum depression) sucks so hard core I cannot even begin to explain - or well I could but it's scary and evil.