How Do I get this look?

xxManBeaterxx

Im only familiar with MAC products since im mainly a mac junkie.

FACE - Try Mineralized satin finish with some a pea sized amount of strobe cream on your face it will give you gorgeous dewy skin, its my daily routine. I know its expensive but that stuff can last 2 years, i reccomend a skunk brush that looks like mac 187, it applys foundation like a dream. And definately use a bronzer on your cheecks, depending on your skin color you can use golden or refined golden bronzer.

brittdelano

thanks. so i should put strobe cream on my face and then put the foundation on or should i mix the 2 together and then apply it to my face?

xxManBeaterxx

OH umm.. First you put on the mineralized liquid foundation. And maybe set it with a light coverage powder, and then you put like a large pea sized amount of strobe cream on your finger rub it in your hands a bit and apply it on your fore head and cheeks.

xxManBeaterxx

Ah come to think of it, i would just play around with strobe cream. If you want you can mix the foundation and a little strobe cream together. see what works best. But i can get oily if u put too much.

YvetteJeannine

Well, you may not want this particular opinion of mine, but if *I* were you, I would play down that look a bit, 'cause to me it SCREAMS hussy...

That being said, I too LOVE the luminous look. Just a lil' less than that pic
winks.gif

Good advice was given about the foundation...you def. want something shimmery like MAC's Mineralized Foundation OR MAC's HyperReal foundation.

Then, add something like Benefit's MOON BEAM. STILA also makes an especially good product for shimmer, comprable, or better than even, Benefit.

STILA also makes a luminous foundation that had excellent reviews in "Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me". In fact, I would love to give it a try.

When you're done with that, you may want to add a LITTLE shimmer powder (BECCA makes a great pressed shimmer powder) OR a little shimmery blush (cream blushes are great for this type of look).

Just be careful...If things start looking too heavy, drop one or two of those products. Maybe even find ONE or TWO that you really like..Sometimes just one luminizing product is enough to give you that look.

Let us know what you decide to get!!

I LOVE luminosity!

j_absinthe

The difference between Moon Beam and High Beam: "One is a satiny silver pink while the other is a moonlit golden pink."

I think the "dewy" look is something she achieved after a hard night of pole dancing.

Not hating on my strippers of course, we all need to get paid...

brittdelano

LOL that could be it too but it seems to look like that in most of her photos. i think she over does it but i am interested in seeing how to get a similar look

Tashona Helena

Wow she's like a barbie in that last photo.

A drugstore rec would be L'Oreal's True Match Bronzing...I don't know the exact name, but they're liquid, in small little tubes that look like the foundation bottles. I use them to luminate my face. For some reason they're on sale in some drugstores (Walgreens/Happy Harry's..I saw them cheap in there one day in the city i work in). They come in all different colors and you can find the one that works best for you according to your skin tone (cool/warm/neutral).

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittdelano
LOL that could be it too but it seems to look like that in most of her photos. i think she over does it but i am interested in seeing how to get a similar look

seriously, the lip colors are NOT working for her.
lol.gif

Amaranth

Bahahhaa I was JUST about to comment on the terrible lipstick. It looks almost like friggin' white-out.

GlossyAbby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
seriously, the lip colors are NOT working for her.
lol.gif

HAHA that is totally how the melrose mood lipstick looked on me........and I was so excited to try it........

Latest posts