How do I go about filing a complaint to Sephora?

frankenstain

I'm sorry. I don't know where else to put this.

I had a very bad experience at Sephora today and was very mistreated. If anyones been in the same situation or knows what to do, how exactly can I make a complaint? Should I call the mall and have the store number or something before I call Sephora's corp? Do you have any tips on how to deal with this?

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
you can call the manager or call corporate.

Do you know the right number I should call?

scorplove

I called their customer service number and they took the information down.

I called TWICE as a matter of fact, because I wanted to make sure they took what I said seriously. Don't know if anything ever happened, because I haven't been in the store since (Beverly Center - LA).

COBI

I filed a complaint through their e-mail contact us some months ago.

I received an automated response from the system. Then about 3+ weeks later, I received an apology from the store manager, a promise to address the issues in staff training, and an offer to call him to make an appointment for a makeover and to "experience Sephora the way it's intended to be" or something to that affect. I wasn't interested in a makeover; I just wanted the issues addressed as unacceptable.

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI

I received an automated response from the system. Then about 3+ weeks later, I received an apology from the store manager, a promise to address the issues in staff training, and an offer to call him to make an appointment for a makeover and to "experience Sephora the way it's intended to be" or something to that affect. I wasn't interested in a makeover; I just wanted the issues addressed as unacceptable.

Yeah. I called corporate and the lady said they'd do something in about 2 weeks. I don't know what they could do to make anything better though. I just want what you said. For them to know what happened is not a good way to treat a loyal customer... I was thinking they would probably try to give me a gift card or something but I don't want to shop at Sephora anymore.

mommymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI

I had a bad experience at a Sephora store as well and I did the same thing filed a complaint through their e-mail system. My second reply offered a $25 gift card, but I had to go to that store to get it, I didn't because I didn't want everyone to start treating me like the lady who complains, thought they should have mailed it to me if that is what they wanted to do. I still go to Sephora's just not that store even though it's the closet store to me.

Mizz.Yasmine

u can always order anything u love online if the store is a no-go 4 u now! im not sure what happened but i hope they fix it!
ssad.gif

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstain
I was thinking they would probably try to give me a gift card or something but I don't want to shop at Sephora anymore.

I half expected a gift card because that's such a standard thing to do now, but only had the makeover offer. Funny thing about that to me was that I mentioned in my complaint that I was freelance makeup artist (as part of a point to illustrate how much I spent there); it just seemed odd to me to offer a makeover to an MA.

Seeking Refuge

I too had a bad experience the last time I stepped foot in a Sephora. The whole time I was the store not one person asked if I needed any help, even though I clearly did. Then when I got to the counter, I had to wait a good five minutes or more for someone to even assist me with my check out purchase. I was so pissed when I walked out that I haven't been back since the beginning of April. And to top it off, it was my Birthday.
ssad.gif

scorplove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking Refuge
I too had a bad experience the last time I stepped foot in a Sephora. The whole time I was the store not one person asked if I needed any help, even though I clearly did. Then when I got to the counter, I had to wait a good five minutes or more for someone to even assist me with my check out purchase. I was so pissed when I walked out that I haven't been back since the beginning of April. And to top it off, it was my Birthday.
ssad.gif

Wow, that's shocking. A Sephora with associates that you leave you the hell alone! Wish I could experience that at the ones I frequent.

elektra513

I had 2 horrible experiences at Sephora, and the last time, I walked out to go
cry.gif
in my car!! Then I drove home and called corporate and told them that IF I ever bought anything from Sephora again, it would be online b/c their retail CS sucks! Each experience was at 2 different locations.

The store called me two weeks later and humbly apologized to my voicemail, but when I called the lady back, I was told she'd be out of town for two weeks.

I spend a lot of money there and I have 122 beauty points I have yet to redeem and I don't even care. Their SAs think every customer is an idiot and that it's ok to speak to them as such. I can't take that.
angry.gif

red

OMG, all the Sephora stores in NY are so people friendly, they give you samples and treat you so nice .. never heard of this, a real shame really.

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I had 2 horrible experiences at Sephora, and the last time, I walked out to go
cry.gif
in my car!! Then I drove home and called corporate and told them that IF I ever bought anything from Sephora again, it would be online b/c their retail CS sucks! Each experience was at 2 different locations.

The store called me two weeks later and humbly apologized to my voicemail, but when I called the lady back, I was told she'd be out of town for two weeks.

I spend a lot of money there and I have 122 beauty points I have yet to redeem and I don't even care. Their SAs think every customer is an idiot and that it's ok to speak to them as such. I can't take that.
angry.gif

That's a real shame. I'm sorry that someone made you so upset you had to cry, that's not good
ssad.gif
If I ever had someone treat me like that in a store, I would seriously go the hell off. There's no need to make a customer feel like shit, ever. The customer is the customer and how I was taught when working in CS, the customer may not always be right, but at the end of the day, the customer IS the customer.

I've been to two different Sephoras in my lifetime. Both of them are very busy stores in Northern VA malls, but the girls working in there for the most part were really nice and helpful. I never had an issue, thank god.

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBOOLINA
Oh my god, what happened??? if you don´t mind telling, of course.

They called security on me. (Just to be clear I've never taken anything in my life and have spent hundreds in that store.) And it wasn't the first time either. I went a little batshit and got kicked out of the mall but I couldn't help myself. It was discrimination.

scorplove

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstain
They called security on me. (Just to be clear I've never taken anything in my life and have spent hundreds in that store.) And it wasn't the first time either. I went a little batshit and got kicked out of the mall but I couldn't help myself. It was discrimination.

Better becareful throwing the "D" word around here. You'll have some people posting how it was your fault somehow and that the associate may have been justified in his/her actions.

You need to CALL CORPORATE to vent your frustrations. I went through something similar, but security wasn't called. I haven't been back in that location since. I can barely tolerate looking at the front entrance of the store without wanting to role my eyes at somebody.
thmbdn.gif

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorplove
Better becareful throwing the "D" word around here. You'll have some people posting how it was your fault somehow and that the associate may have been justified in his/her actions.

thmbdn.gif
I think that was a little uncalled for, I remember reading the other thread a lot, The ladies ( I think) were just trying to give different points of view. Discrimination is never right, and it's not the fault of the person discriminated against. Your situation was extremely complicated and I think every one felt bad that you had that experience. I know I did.

scorplove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
thmbdn.gif
I think that was a little uncalled for, I remember reading the other thread a lot, The ladies ( I think) were just trying to give different points of view. Discrimination is never right, and it's not the fault of the person discriminated against. Your situation was extremely complicated and I think every one felt bad that you had that experience. I know I did.

YOU did, but many others were making excuses for the associates behavior. Everything in MY situation happened just the way I said it did, but by the end of the thread it had been switched around into something that was completely way off base. Like I "deserved" what happened to me.

My uncomfortableness was REAL. No, I wasn't crying and security didn't need to be called, but being confronted as if I was a potential thief was deeply disturbing, especially when I wasn't doing anything to warrant it.

ETA: You'd be surprised at how wide-spread this problem is with Sephora. I go to the Hollywood/Highland store now and the management style is completely different. I told them what happened at the Beverly Center location and they told me that they have clients that will travel MILES to their location, because the Beverly Center associates leave their customers feeling very uneasy and they're not very knowledgeable.

Even if you "think" I'm a potential thief you don't have to treat me like one.

Latest posts