how do i make eyeshadow this visible?

n3crolust

how can i make my eyeshadow stand out as much as this:
l_e24c23e85ef0df22dfcdba539f3c09d6.jpg

i mean, i use UPPD, but my eyeshadow is NEVER that visible.

GlamYOURUs

Sometimes using more than 1 base helps or a stronger base. Meaning, UDPP may not be enough or strong enough for you. It wasn't for me so I sold it. I use paint pots over Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is also a primer like UDPP bu even better IMO. And then I apply my shadows.
Or you could try Paints as they tend to last you longer than paintpots. hth!

MzEmo

it depends on how pigmented your eyeshadows are. Also you might want to try a base that is blue if your planning to use blue eyeshadow. Try shadesticks!

MiCHiE

What brushes are you using? If you want more color, consider using a firmer and denser brush.

elmo1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Sometimes using more than 1 base helps or a stronger base. Meaning, UDPP may not be enough or strong enough for you. It wasn't for me so I sold it. I use paint pots over Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is also a primer like UDPP bu even better IMO. And then I apply my shadows.
Or you could try Paints as they tend to last you longer than paintpots. hth!

I agree... I do the same thing and my eyeshadows tend to last for about 10 hours that from me going out to the morning i get home. my eye makeup is still in great shape and still as bold.

blindpassion

I use Luna CCB for a lot of colors
Shadow sticks to them SOOOOOO well
Like if you take freshwater, electra, carbon, any intense color, or non intense color, doesn't matter, shows up very well ontop of the white base.
I also use UDPP, but I use Luna when I can.

rocking chick

Other than a good base,different formulas of e/s needs different application techniques. Some colors shows up better using fingers while the others by brush/sponge.

glamqueen1

Use a base like paintpot all over lid, load a good brush with eyeshadow or pigment and press it on to the lid. Bare Study is great for under eyebrow and inner corner, under highlighting e/s, coloured paintpots makes the colours of the e/s stronger. I like paintpots , they are smooth and go on easily. they are also buildable. I use a synthetic dome-shaped brush for my pp's. Bought it at an arts-supply shop, ridiculously cheap.

Obreathemykiss

I use mixing medium with some of my shadows and they POP. I don't think it was made for that, but whatever. I use Milani silver bullet with mixing medium and it looks similar to the girl with silver eyes! It looks like they're wearing pigments, but I could be wrong. I agree with the shadesticks...they work wonders. If you're cheap like me, I buy the NYX sticks and use my MAC over them.

jbid

i use sharkskin s/s over bare canvas paint, it makes any color intense. i used it with blue (shimmermoss, freshwater), green (humid), black (carbon) and grey (scene).
it's a trick i learnt from panacea.

TDoll

Try using a 239 brush and wet pigments. I like to mix mine with Visine. Then put a similar colored shadow over it for shading and a darker crease color into the outer v.
I agree with what everyone else is saying about paints, paintpots, and shadesticks too. Play around with some different combos.

c00ki312

i suggest layering primers otherwise its more likely the flash of the camera has made the e/s bighter.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Sometimes using more than 1 base helps or a stronger base.

I completely agree! A lot of times I use more than one base. For instance, a thin layer of UD PP all over followed by a thin layer of Shadestick or Paint Pot on the lid only. Really helps the colors pop. Using them wet well also make them pop, but I prefer to just use another base.

Quote:
What brushes are you using? If you want more color, consider using a firmer and denser brush.

Definitely! I recently bought the 242, and it makes SUCH a difference. Eyeshadow that I had problems with showing up before are now much more pigmented when I apply them. I love it so much that I now want the 252 as well.

statusmode

keep in mind that you may not realize if you're mostly using shadows with a velvet finish from MAC... these shadows may look very vibrant in the pot but because it's a velvet finish it's meant to give you just a 'wash' of color..