How do I use my MSF?

pratbc

Hi,
I have MSF in Porcelain Pink and have never used it because I am not really sure how. Exactly how and where should I apply it? Thanks so much.

lovelyweapon

IMO, Porcelain Pink is great for a flushed look and used as a blush on the apples of your cheeks or next to the cheekbones depending on your face shape. You can apply it using the MAC 187 or an angled blush brush. Let me know if that helps.

Susanne

I use it with MAC brush 187 or 188 as a blush. You can also use it as a highlighter under your brows. Lovely color!

clamster

On cheekbones for highlight with a light hand and for the darker MSF's you can use then as blush. MAC brushes: 187, 188, or 168 are all good for that.

pahblov

I use pink-y MSFs as blushes! They're really sheer so you don't have to worry about them getting streaky or putting too much on. I use my 168 and swirl it around the MSF, then swirl it on my cheekbone and add until I get a get a pretty flushed look!

newagetomatoz

I generally put mine on top of my blush, unless it is one of the darker ones then they are used for contour and/or blush. Depending on the color, I put it all over my cheeks or just on the high planes. With Porcelain Pink and Lightscapade (two of the lightest), I like to also continue them up my cheek bones and on to my temples as well. The 188 is my go-to brush since it helps me control where I put my MSF.

glam8babe

i use my 187 to apply my northern light MSF, just as a highlight and sometimes as a blush for a light glow x

AppleDiva

I like to use Porcelain Pink with LoveStone me/s, Mi'Lady me/s, Ambering Rose, Fab, or Dollymix blushes.

Leilani78

I don't own Porcelain Pink, but do own Warmed and Light Flush MSFs. I use Light Flush on the apples of my cheeks. Swirl my 188 and then apply. I also have used these as an eyeshadow and it looks very nice.

pratbc

Thanks so much everyone for your advice
smiles.gif

aziajs

I agree with Frocher and Newagetomatoz. I think that they are best used in combination with other cheek color to give dimension to the face. With Porcelain Pink I place it along the top of my cheekbone, up onto my temples and lightly over the top of my brows. Then I might lightly dust over a more matte blush. Perfect. The thing is that I think they work better as an accent. They are too shimmery to apply to the cheek alone because they aren't richly pigmented. So, to get the pigment you want you have to layer it and thus add more shimmer.

Latest posts