How do you apply MAC glitters?

Demosthenes

I see some people using them on their eyes... how do they "stick" to the eye? Do you guys use a sealant or something?

Thanks.
smiles.gif

roxybc

None of the glitters except for the glitter liners are eye safe. I think it's absolutly ridiculous that they aren't eye safe, since most of the people buying them want to and do use them around the eye area.

As for me, I'll admit I do use them around my eyes, but VERY carefully! I've found they stick best when applied over a freshly applied shadestick. I apply the color of shadestick to my eye area, and then use the thin layer of glitter that covers the lid of the glitter jar. I press my ringer onto the lid, and then press very firmly a few times on the area where I applied tge shadestick to my lid. I've neer had a problem with this method, but you must be sure to brush away any excess glitter that has fallen off your lid (there ususally isn't much at all). It's also very important to make sure you wash off ALL of the glitter at night. I use cotton pads and a good eye makeup remover to makesure I get it all off. When doing this, wipe the wet makep remover pad AWAY from your eyes, kinda toward your ears or hair line. Then wash your eye area really well with a wash cloth, and examine your eye area to make sure there is no excess glitter.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but you do have to be REALLY careful if your going to use the glitter around your eyes, as they can scratch your cornea and cause blindness or other eye damage.

Tony and Tina glitters are Fabulous, AND EYE SAFE!! I'd recomend those!

As for other uses I use them in lip glosses and nail polishes as well.

For more info on the glitters check out the precautions list here: http://www.precautions.specktra.net/

or the Product Safety forum which can be found when you go to the main forum index.

Hope that helped, sorry it was so long!

singinmys0ng

Quote:
Or try to mix it with some clear gloss and use it as an eyeliner....

what a great idea! lol i never thought about that!

also, i have to admit as well that i use glitters all around my eyes. I usualy get something sticky to apply them with..like a cream shadow (shadesticks) or even revlon has some cheap cream shadows that work great as well!

V2LUCKY

When I use glitters I usually use them as a liner. I dip an eyeliner brush into some hair gel then in the glitter. It stays really well and I never had had any problems with any glitter getting in my eyes.

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

I suggest Jerome Russell Pixie Sparkle glitters for use around your eyes. They are eye safe and they come in great colors, plus they are only $2!

roxybc

Quote:
When I use glitters I usually use them as a liner. I dip an eyeliner brush into some hair gel then in the glitter. It stays really well and I never had had any problems with any glitter getting in my eyes.

I do this too, forgot to mention that in my first post.

iiifugaziii

hey guys- - I'm new here!! yay. But I just wanted to say that I also use glitters for liners sometimes. I use chrystalled lime a lot as a liner over pink freeze eye shadow. I put an eye khol on, and then I use the small angeled brush and get it wet with mixing medium. The liner stays pretty well all day long. Chrystalled lime is more of a fine glitter rather than a "chunky" one (like black/3d silver, or something).
greengrin.gif

glittergoddess27

MAC's EZR is pretty good for sticking glitter too,.... and it is made for the eye area,... just make sure you get that glitter on there before it is 100% dry and it will keep it on pretty well,.... I actually hairpspray my face (Holding the aersol can quite a good distance from my face) to keep my glitter around the eyes to stay put as well,.. this kinda creates a coating on top of it that is thin and keeps it from dusting down rather well,....

Shawna

Girlactik beauty makes a base specifically for the application of glitters. I got mine off Sephora and it is great. It is kinda waxy, but man, the glitter sticks and stays put. They have 2 or 3 different base colours to work with, and on the plus side, the glitter doesn't fall into your eyes. HTH

iam

I was trying the mixing medium, but it doesn't stick the glitters on me. finally i tried the gloss they sticky but it doesn't work on my lids. Finally i found a nice method the shimmersoufles from adorn collections, they sticks the glitters on my lids with no problems.