How do you blend your wet shadows?

MareMare

I know a lot of you ladies do this on the board. I've tried this a billion times and it just doesn't work out. It ends up being a blotchy mess. It usually ends up being a few spots where the colour really shows up, and the rest looks like dirt lol. I've tried just patting the colour on, but that doesn't help either. Any tips???

Oh, this is geared more towards pigments/loose powders going on wet. I just find pigments and powders don't really "stick" onto my eye, they end up moving around when I blend em, even with an eye primer

MareMare

I've tried both, and it still ends up blotchy!!!

Is using wet shadows more for lid or allover colour, not really for the crease?

flowerhead

You cant really 'blend' wet eyeshadow, powder sheers out so you can blend it...but once it's wet, it can only look like a block colour.

prinzessin784

it helps to use different brushes because if you're trying to blend two wet shadows with a wet brush it just all mushes together and looks messy. So I use a separate, dry brush and then put a little of the same color on dry and blend it that way. I hope that helps!

BlahWah

I don't know which brush you're using to blend, but perhaps to prevent the shadow from "moving up", use a less fluffy brush because a fluffy one distributes the product more. I had that problem b/c I used the 217 for every blending but when I wanted the colour to stay in a specific area that never worked. What I've been using lately is the 213 or the 219 to blend the shadow out a little and the 217 when I want to cover more area. HTH!

user79

I apply pigments wet sometimes using Mixing Medium. Then when it's dry, I use a bit of the same pigment in the dry form on top to blend. The wet is more like a base to really make it show up strongly.