How do you cope with lip conditioners in pots?

piika

The only thing I liked out of MAC's newest collections are the TLCs, but I've never used lip conditioners in pots before because I'm afraid it's messy and unsanitary, especially if you must reapply when you can't wash your hands. Is this a real problem or am I just worried for nothing?

I really like Summerfete and Aquamelon and it won't take much to convince me to buy them...

roxybc

It's the same as any lip gloss in a pot. I don't think it's any less sanitary than a regular lipstick, or lipglass wand. Infact, there is probably less bacteria in a pot than on a lipglass wand! If you don't feel comfortable using it, then don't, but lip gloss in pots have been around for ages, and most people don't seem to have an issue with it.

beautifulxdisaster

You can try the whole using the pot to your lips trick. It is like, take the pot and put it to your mouth and apply it like a big round lipstick if you don't want to use your hand.

AlliSwan

I usually use the top of my nail to scoop out a good amount rather than touching my fingertip to the gloss and then to my mouth, then back to the pot for more gloss.

iiifugaziii

just use a brush. I actually like the formula of the ones in the pots better than the stick lip conditioners... i find the ones in the pots to last longer and a little bit more moisturizing
thmbup.gif

Janice

I use a brush, I hate the idea of sticking my fingers into ANY of my makeup. So I don't.

aquend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan11
I usually use the top of my nail to scoop out a good amount rather than touching my fingertip to the gloss and then to my mouth, then back to the pot for more gloss.

I thought I was the only person who does that when they don't have a lip brush handy
smiles.gif

banana

I use my pinkie finger. I guess I'm gross. But I wash my hands frequently and carry wetnaps around in case of emergencies.

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquend
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan11

I thought I was the only person who does that when they don't have a lip brush handy
smiles.gif

I do that with Kiehl's and my Two Faced Bunny Balm.

I guess you could always transfer some to a sample jar. Or maybe even use some of those disposable eye shadow applicators, and if you are chummy with a MUA at your counter/store, see if they would be willing to give you a few test lip brushes.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I use a brush, I hate the idea of sticking my fingers into ANY of my makeup. So I don't.

ditto!! ita with u janice
thmbup.gif

Cygnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice

Agreed. Finger in pot =
throwup.gif

I'm really loving my NARS retractable lip brush for pot products, but I'm sure any retractable lip brush would work fine.

jeannette

I use a retractable lip brush when I'm on the go (Bobbi Brown's retractable lip brush is great!).

CoralSki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonie
I guess you could always transfer some to a sample jar. Or maybe even use some of those disposable eye shadow applicators, and if you are chummy with a MUA at your counter/store, see if they would be willing to give you a few test lip brushes.

Yes its a good idea to transfer a small amount into a sample jar, and than only going back to the pot when you need to refill. this way you havent infected the pot. I transfer all my big items into little sample jars, for one because I keep spilling my pigment jars, and it hurts to loose half a jar of pigment! I rather loose a 1/4 tsp instead. and number two, because its more sanitary.

speakerpunk

I use a Chanel covered lip brush, the bristles are so firm that I can scoop a good bit out with it and apply. I'm skeevy about greasy fingers, hate the way gloss and balm feel on them :p

sweet8684girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannette
I use a retractable lip brush when I'm on the go (Bobbi Brown's retractable lip brush is great!).

I do the same. I keep an extra one in my purse just in case.

PrettyKitty

I use my finger! Maybe I'm gross for some people, but I wash my hands before I apply it.

I just can't see myself using a Dior lipbrush to apply Blistex lipbalm... Know what I mean?

odium

i don't really mind the pots when i have short fingernails. i don't find it "greasy" or "gross"...as long as you have clean hands it shouldn't be an issue.

although i do hate my tlc pots when i have my nails longer. i end up having to scoop it out with the top of my finger nail. i dunno, it's just awkward.

SOLO x STAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I use my finger! Maybe I'm gross for some people, but I wash my hands before I apply it.

I just can't see myself using a Dior lipbrush to apply Blistex lipbalm... Know what I mean?

I do the same. I make sure my hands are clean before I dip it into any of my make-up. I just can't imagine using a lip brush for lip balm.