How do you feel about people that hate MAC?

foxxylatina07

Ok so I went to the MUA makeup board just now and I read some harsh things that these ladies wrote about MAC. It really boils me up
angry.gif
that they talk about it so badly. I had to get out before I told somebody off. They make it sound as if MAC is overly expensive and that it's crap makeup.
nonono.gif

I understand that some of the products are not that great but damn why they have talk so badly about MAC? I love MAC and when I love something and somebody talks bad about it, it just downright bothers me. Does anybody feel this way too? Post your thoughts. Thanks

MACATTAK

It doesn't really bother me. They are entitled to their opinion, but I don't share it. I definitely wouldn't get myself worked up over it.

Simply Elegant

It's just a brand. It would be different if it was a person I loved. They're free to despise or love a product and talk about it.

gildedangel

No reason to get mad, not everyone agrees on everything. I love MAC too but as you said, MAC isn't everything. And neither is MUFE, NARS, Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, or any other department store brand of makeup. Every brand has there fantastic, strong sellers and they also have their crap products. Some people don't like MAC for a variety of reasons. My mom doesn't like MAC because she doesn't like spending much on makeup (she really doesn't need it) and their products don't really work for her. She doesn't think that it is worth it to buy MAC and I do. I think that it is funny that people think that it is really expensive when it is on the lower end of the price range of department store brands, but some people just don't like makeup enough to spend $14 on a lipgloss or an eyeshadow like we are. Some people love to hate on MAC just because its well liked. Sorry this was ramble-y but don't let it get to you!
smiles.gif

frostiana

You talk about MAC like it is your first born. It's just a makeup brand, you don't owe it to the company to defend its honor. Everyone has different opinions. Cope.

Ziya

^Dude, I get the bluntness but that was borderline rude!
I get pretty defensive about MAC, I feel its a good quality product and worth the money. I definitely feel MAC is a culture, an instituition, I mean look at us on Specktra, we just mention a shade and people know what product it is and what its purpose is. I know that people are free to have an opinion, but its hard to hear criticism for something you're passionate about or something you love! It just kills me that some girls spread their poison for stupid catty reasons like they don't understand the product, the love for it, or they can't afford it. Then, they all sit around on their computers and collectively gripe about it which breeds more hate.
Not to offend anyone, just my two cents...

Strawberrymold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
No reason to get mad, not everyone agrees on everything. I love MAC too but as you said, MAC isn't everything. And neither is MUFE, NARS, Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, or any other department store brand of makeup. Every brand has there fantastic, strong sellers and they also have their crap products. Some people don't like MAC for a variety of reasons. My mom doesn't like MAC because she doesn't like spending much on makeup (she really doesn't need it) and their products don't really work for her. She doesn't think that it is worth it to buy MAC and I do. I think that it is funny that people think that it is really expensive when it is on the lower end of the price range of department store brands, but some people just don't like makeup enough to spend $14 on a lipgloss or an eyeshadow like we are. Some people love to hate on MAC just because its well liked. Sorry this was ramble-y but don't let it get to you!
smiles.gif

I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, good or bad. There are no rules to makeup... including your like or dislike of it. That's what makes it love, makes it fun and can turn it into a passion.

Mabelle

I don't know what they were saying, but it pisses me off when people call it crap. "why would you send that much money on makeup!? i dont spend over 8$ on anything!" well thats fine, but you obviously don't love makeup then! So piss off! Most people that love makeup are willing to put a little more into whta they buy for better results (and i know we can all agree you tend to get more bang for your buck!). And besides that MAC is a decent price compared to Dior, Chanel, Nars or even MUFE.

On another board i used to frequent there was one girl that would rag so hard on the MAC addicts. She kind of had a holier than thou attitude about it. She obviously prefered other brands (which is absolutely fine!) but she would talk down to those who liked to remain loyal to the brand and kind of put it down. Or i get it, maybe you like NARS better, but not everyone has the money to spend 28$ on a blush. BEsides that maybe MAC is easier to get, maybe tehy prefer the blushes textures/blendability/colours! No need to get snotty about it, ya know?

And that is all
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I don't really care if other people don't like MAC. I only care that I like it.
smiles.gif
I just don't understand why anyone would hate any makeup brand as a whole. There are good thing in all makeup brands from drugstore to high end.

frostiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya
I get pretty defensive about MAC, I feel its a good quality product and worth the money. I definitely feel MAC is a culture, an instituition, I mean look at us on Specktra, we just mention a shade and people know what product it is and what its purpose is. I know that people are free to have an opinion, but its hard to hear criticism for something you're passionate about or something you love! It just kills me that some girls spread their poison for stupid catty reasons like they don't understand the product, the love for it, or they can't afford it. Then, they all sit around on their computers and collectively gripe about it which breeds more hate.

I was not trying to be rude. It is just bizzare to me that some people have such strong emotional reactions when people diss a makeup that you like.
th_confused_new.gif
I mean....it's just makeup. I don't quite understand why it gets taken so personally that someone else might not like the same thing as you.

jjjenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya

^^ Yeah..kinda rude. I love MAC and I get defensive about it too, and you should defend something you love. I get pretty upset when people are hating on something I love. I know it's their opinion, but I can't help but feel a little heated on the inside.

kittykit

It doesn't bother me, everyone has different opinion. I don't expect other people to agree with me MAC is so awesome because it's not necessary for me to agree their favourite brand XYZ is better than MAC.

Makeup Emporium

I just figure that if people decide to hate MAC then it's their loss. They obviously don't know what they are missing. That's OK anyway, it leaves more for the rest of us!!
winks.gif

chocolategoddes

I don't care whether or not some one likes MAC, but I don't like it when some one stereotypes a "MAC user" and talks negatively about this stereotype.

I've heard people say that people who use MAC are vain, tacky, attention-whores. That ain't true!

I can understand you trying to defend a brand that you like and that you're loyal too, but it's nothing to get bothered over. The less people there are buying MAC, the less chances your fave product gets sold out!
greengrin.gif

wishingforsn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
I just figure that if people decide to hate MAC then it's their loss. They obviously don't know what they are missing. That's OK anyway, it leaves more for the rest of us!!
winks.gif

i was just about to say this, that if someone hates mac then well, they just dont know what theyre missing. and that means one less person to buy out all of the LE products!

RedRibbon

I wasn't aware that we lived in a worldwide makeup dictatorship where MAC was the only brand of makeup you could buy.

MissResha

i cant really say i care, to be honest. MAC isn't paying me to endorse them. And to me, its just not that serious...*shrug*

mdjmsj

If someone else doesn't like MAC I don't really get bothered-I don't see the sense in getting worked up over somebody else's personal preference. I'll wear what I like and just be concerned with that lol.

GlamQueen21

I don't care if people don't like MAC. Everyone has their own opinion about it. My sister is starting to love MAC like me since I have a addiction to it. I wear it because I love the brand and I feel comfortable about it.