How do you know when you are in love?

tricky

I fell in love once, seven years ago but it was with someone I met over the internet and was long distance with (I hadn't even met him in person yet). So I'm not sure what it feels like to fall in love with someone you see on a consistant basis. What does it feel like to you?

juicygirl

when you just can't stop thinking about them &&everything just feels perfect. you can get a flat tire on the way to work and it won't even bother you because you see him and nothing else seems to matter. you can finally accept all of your flaws and all....its just the best feeling in the world, and trust me youll know. there will be no questions whether you are in love or not. =]

breechan

Just a couple random ideas about it:

You care more about them than yourself at times.

You feel good about yourself when you're with that person.

You also feel good when you're away from that person too (you dont have to be constantly attached to feel good).

You see something or do something wonderful and think, "boy I wish ____ could have been here to see this/experience this with me".

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
th_DANCE.gif

Dahlia_Rayn

Love is definitely all of these things, but love is also willing to travel a bumpy road together, even when it sometimes leaves you bruised and battered and you'd rather get out of the car and walk alone then drive another mile with him/her. Love is like a road map, you may often lose your direction while on your way to your destination, but something always seems to draw you back to the one who holds your heart.
Love is beautiful, but sometimes love means looking over some ugly bits and remembering the diamond that lays under all of life's layers.

silentkite

For me, it is a warm, safe, glowing feeling. Instead of getting butterflies when I see/think about him, like when you first meet and have a huge crush, I feel so warm and content and happy and safe. It's like a happy sigh. I know he has my back and I've got his. I would do anything for him. I can tell him anything and I know he will still love me. He is my safe place when the world gets to be too much. Of course there will be times when you irritate each other, but you know you can get through it. I still believe I was in love the last time I felt it, but it wasn't anything as good as this time, and we've been together almost two years now.

aquarius11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
Love is definitely all of these things, but love is also willing to travel a bumpy road together, even when it sometimes leaves you bruised and battered and you'd rather get out of the car and walk alone then drive another mile with him/her. Love is like a road map, you may often lose your direction while on your way to your destination, but something always seems to draw you back to the one who holds your heart.
Love is beautiful, but sometimes love means looking over some ugly bits and remembering the diamond that lays under all of life's layers.

Very eloquently said. And true.

M.A.C. head.

IDK I have kind of a twisted idea of love I guess.

I think love is when you can have those knock em down, drag em out fights, and when it's over your feelings about them haven't changed.

When the thought of them not being in your life or being with someone else makes you want to puke.

When you can see yourself with that person at any point in the future. You can see yourselves getting the key to your first home, celebrating retirement, even laying next to each other even in death.

You know you'd take on anything for that person, even a bullet.

And even if things don't work out with your relationship, you still truly want them to be happy.

melliquor

You know you are in love when it is the first person that you think of before yourself and your needs. You would give up your life to protect and save. You think of him/her when you wake up, when you go to sleep... every minute of every day. When you are thinking of him/her and you just smile and feel so happy and comforted just to know that this person is in your life and you feel blessed.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
You know you are in love when it is the first person that you think of before yourself and your needs. You would give up your life to protect and save. You think of him/her when you wake up, when you go to sleep... every minute of every day. When you are thinking of him/her and you just smile and feel so happy and comforted just to know that this person is in your life and you feel blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
IDK I have kind of a twisted idea of love I guess.

I think love is when you can have those knock em down, drag em out fights, and when it's over your feelings about them haven't changed.

When the thought of them not being in your life or being with someone else makes you want to puke.

When you can see yourself with that person at any point in the future. You can see yourselves getting the key to your first home, celebrating retirement, even laying next to each other even in death.

You know you'd take on anything for that person, even a bullet.

And even if things don't work out with your relationship, you still truly want them to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn

iagree.gif

kyustman

You can feel it when you're falling in love, its a great feeling. There is a happiness within you that no one can take away...

Mabelle

this may be kind of a long story.. but this is my situation and how i knew.

i met my boyfriend when i was 16, he was 20. He walked into my friend's house, was so beautiful, and mentioned a series of things that had me dumbstruck. I had a HUGE crush one him and my friend and i arranged that i would be over every time he was there. We found out how similar we were. I really really liked him, but he was older, and i didnt have much hope that things would work out. My friend thought he liked me, but that he was shy/put off by the age difference.
Eventually i gave up. Around Christmas, we lost contact, and the following summer i started to date someone. Other guys came and went, But he was always in the backof my mind. Whenever i saw him, i just wanted to dump everything and run to him. Eventually when we started to talk again, i realized that the feelings had never gone. Two years after we first met, he finally asked me out. That was in november of 2004. We don't fight, because we know that there isn't much thats important enough to get mad at each other over. When we do have a "spat", we make up an hour later.

I know i love him because from when i met him, till when we started dating i couldn't stop thinking about him. Because after having a horrible day, just telling him my problems (even if he says nothing) i'll feel a million times better. Because i can actually admit i'm wrong to him. Because i can't picture my life without him. He makes me want to be the best person i can be. And since i've been with him he's helped me to really love who i am. He makes me feel great about my looks, and the person i am.
I know i love him because i put up with his dad. enough said.

Blushbaby

When I go to visit my boy in NY (I live in London) and I start crying uncontrollably at the thought of having to fly home and leave him again .....and I have three weeks left before I go!!! That kinda confirmed I must be in love with his ass.

I fly home Monday morning and I'm DREADING it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be a WRECK at the airport
cry.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

NicksWifey

When I first knew I was in love was when I drove in the middle of a snowstorm to the grocery store to buy my man a box of Hi-C pink lemonades and took them to his work for no apparent reason, only because I wanted to make him happy.

My mom always said I have sparkles in my eyes when I start to fall for someone.

revinn

The first time my ex boyfriend told me he loved me (and really, the first time I had EVER been in love), I felt like I had been punched in the gut, in the BEST way. You feel like you could puke, you're so tingly and full. I don't know..it's amazing, but terrifying. I never thought it was possible to need and care about someone that much.

seonmi

You guys have said such beautiful lines. I'm tempted to copy them down
winkiss.gif

I know I'm in love when there is no need for a conversation. Just the two of us being together is enough.
I know I'm in love when I'm at the edge of making a mistake but able to control myself because losing him is too much for me to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
When I go to visit my boy in NY (I live in London) and I start crying uncontrollably at the thought of having to fly home and leave him again .....and I have three weeks left before I go!!! That kinda confirmed I must be in love with his ass.

I fly home Monday morning and I'm DREADING it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be a WRECK at the airport
cry.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

I'm so sorry, Blushbaby. I know that terrible feeling. My bf and I are usually 5-hour flight away from each other (not now though, we're temporarily further away). OMG, I sometimes think I would just hold my baby so tight and not go anywhere, forget the flight and everything. Of course, I've never done that. I can't afford acting outrageous
ssad.gif

We usually spend Christmas break which is 5 weeks long together and I start crying from the 3rd week on
weeping.gif

rbella

I don't know how to answer this. I just knew. I don't know how else to put it. There was no single defining moment for me. I just kind of always knew Mr. Rbella was the one for me and I have never doubted it since. Probably because he treats me better than I would ever treat myself. Except for bugs.

Beauty Mark

When you're willing to make sacrifices in your life in order for your SO 's dreams happen his/hers

When you're willing to go through all the bad stuff and work it out, because you know things are too good to quit.

Latest posts