How do you know when you deserve a pay rise?

as_cute_as_pie

im currently working full time to pay to go to university. I've been working in the same job for nearly 2 years now and have never got a pay rise. is this normal? my pays only went up cos it has to (getting older lol, changes to law) i only get UK minimum wage for under 22's (£4.60) we get comission on sales but of course that depends on the store being busy which during weekdays especially, you're lucky if you have 4 sales. Im never late for work and always do what im told, I stay behind if they ask me to and work whenever they want. so how do you know when you deserve a pay rise?

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Generally, when you start feeling like you do right now.

heh great answer
smiles.gif

elongreach

I'm sorta in the same position you are. I got a promotion to a pilot program we created over a month ago, but my job still hasn't decided what our pay grade is going to be. So not only am I doing the same work I was doing before the promotion, I'm doing the promotion work as well. PLUS, I've loaned myself out to another department as well.

However, I'm getting paid a lot less than everyone else because of where I started. My mother wants me to ask them to do some type of temporary raise, but I wouldn't even know how to begin that conversation.